Find
Notify
Tools

2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I can understand that.The crack is just to the right of the heads up display and is driving me nuts. Unfortunately, I am OCD when it comes to my vehicles. I can't be driving a $70K brand new truck with a busted windshield.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Not long after, the crack spread all the way from top to bottom. Had the windshield replaced last Friday by a local glass man. About $1100 out of pocket, since filed with my insurance carrier. Glass man said he does about 5-6 2019-2022 GM trucks a week. Said they are notorious for cracking for some reason. Guess it's the shape of the glass. Good news is I didn't have to go have anything recalibrated.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The only thing I don't like is that this behemoth does not fit in urban parking garages.

I am thinking of getting a lift kit. In fact, I am going to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of information out there on lift kits for the AT4, and I am still trying to decipher what's the best route. From what I have gathered, the rear has 2" blocks, and the front has 1.5". I have read that the AT4/Trail Boss has different upper control arms that a standard truck, but have also read that there is no difference, it's just a spacer. Some kits come with an upper control arm, some don't. The consensus seems to be anything greater than 3" total in the front (including the 1.5" from the factory) needs upper control arm replacement for longterm survival of the ball joint. I want my truck to just be leveled out, and am unsure of which way to go with it.

In other news, my buddy's 2021 6.2 is in the dealership getting lifters at 16k miles........

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will have to go whole hog. Maybe a hydraulic low rider? Big Grin

I think I need to be able to lose the factory lift, and maybe go a bit lower, if possible.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I would guess it fairly simple to remove the factory lift if one desired so. What gets me is the tire and wheel sizes. My truck is a CarbonPro, with the solid gray color 20" wheels. The only tire available is the 265/60/20 Goodyear Wrangler Territory "MT" (It's more like a hybrid all terrain). If you op for the black and machine faced wheels, you get a stock 265/65/20 AT. Why the bigger tire with the same size wheel? Another thing that happens with the factory "mud" tire, is that it does not have available sport mode. GM deletes sport mode with the factory mud tire. Makes no sense.

One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
I looked at a new Sierra yesterday. Going to get a Dodge, GMC or Tundra. Do not like all the issues the new Tundra is having. Would like to find a 21 that still has the v8 engine. Really like the new dodge 2500 but do not want to pay 82K. May step it down to a 1500.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
The new 2022 GMC interiors are nice. My 2022 is a Limited so the older style interior. I too have read the issues with the new tundra, and frankly they are butt ugly to begin with. The interior of the Dodge is pretty dang nice too. I almost ended up in a gas burner 2500 GMC, and with gas the way it is I am glad. I don't pull anything heavier than my center console boat, so didn't really need it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drove my GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 about 700 miles this past weekend.

I am really happy with it.

It's a soft riding, high stepping monster.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
And when you roll off into that 420hp/460 lb/ft torque, it is noticeable. My brother has a 22 LTZ ZZ1 and he comments when I screw her down just how badass it is. It’s the fastest 1/2
Ton I’ve driven, and I’ve owned a twin turbo eco boost. SOB will tote the load but she likes the fuel. I’d buy it again for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 2021 Denali 6.2 has two trip meters. I no longer reset the second one so I can record an overall mpg for a longer period of time. In the last 2500 miles truck has averaged 21.8. It was at 22.1 until towing three loads of rocks back to my house to work on my road. Loads averaged 5,000 pounds and barely noticed truck was towing anything.
80% of my driving is highway with few traffic lights. Speed ranges from 55 to low 70's and I dont baby it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Best I've ever averaged was 22.1, doing 18mph down a dirt road. Best highway is about 18.5 at 55-60mph. In town is about 14-15. No way my truck as AFM/DFM active.

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Well a year into ownership and GM finally has the parts ready to activate all the features. Good thing they’ve scheduled me for service as the past week I’ve noticed some nice 5-6” oil puddles where I park in my driveway…