New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 1000
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The new Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 1000 weighs 2,050 pounds wet and costs between $19,799 - $23,299. As side-by-sides grow and the costs skyrocket, when do you just say screw it and buy a Jeep Wrangler?

https://newatlas.com/outdoors/...wolverine-rmax-1000/

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Yea for that I'd buy a used Jeep.
And keep balance in savings as
Used Jeeps can be a money pits!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Or a Roxor.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s interesting to compare the Jeep and side by side. My side by side is teryx.
It’s one of the cheaper brands. I really like it but they are getting over
priced. I doubt I’ll ever by new one again.

Heck, as I’m getting older, I like the heater in my Jeep!

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Roxor. I have two Thars in Namibia for game scout work. The turbo diesel is well suited for the vehicle and the mileage is excellent - removing all the restrictions on them helps. Otherwise they've held up well, only parts are expensive and scarce in Nam. While the fit and finish on Mahindra is appallingly bad, they do run and do what they are designed to do.

I paid $6,500 per copy for them at the time. Not sure why the Roxor was three times more expensive here - I think someone was talking the piss. But it sucks that FC blocked the sale of them here. They do fill a niche in the market, but supposedly they're coming back to the US in 2021.

Another excellent small 4X4 is the Suzuki Gypsy. While they are petrol (and no A/C), they can take amazing punishment. We've welded a few back together and they still carry on.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Learn sumpin' new every dang day here. Didn't even know Mahindra made a Jeep-like vehicle.
Sure loved my little three-cylinder diesel Mahindra tractor, but I admit it was all Mitsubishi ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
So a few decades ago, we started hauling ATV 3 wheelers to the hunting grounds to get to places we didn't want to take a truck. Those evolved into 4 wheelers, which evolved into the side by sides, which have evolved into front and back seat side by sides, which have evolved into fully enclosed side by sides, etc.

How long before we just stick with the truck that we use to pull these things to the hunting grounds with?

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's pretty much my take on all of it.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the side by side, but it became a pain to deal with. If I had a permanent place, it may have made more sense.

Going back to the daily driver thread, I have spent less on my actual vehicles than the Yamaha side by side.

I’d rather buy an SXS shotgun or rifle.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote