Find
Notify
Tools

Snow plow for a John Deer UTV Gator 825i
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody use one?Can you actually do 4-5" snow falls with them?Thanks ahead,OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I put one on a Yahama ATV. Didn’t work very well for scraping soft dirt. Don’t know how it would work on snow.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13135 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
When I was living in Colorado several years back, I had one on a Polaris 800 four wheeler. It worked great for snow plowing, to a point. When it started snowing, you had to get out there and start plowing and not allow it to accumulate more than 6" or 8". After that, it didn't have enough power to move it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have plowed some deeper snow with my Yamaha Kodiak 700 with a cycle country 50" blade. I run it in low range 4x4 and it never comes close to powering out, but if the snow is deeper than about 2' it really struggles and looses traction. I had a somewhat long drift in my circle drive that was about 3' deep and I worked until I got one pass through it and quit, but came back a couple days later and busted through it with my truck in 4x4. The snows we have had so far this winter have been about 6" and I don't even mess with plowing, just pack it down with the truck and the wife's AWD SUV.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luckyducker:
I have plowed some deeper snow with my Yamaha Kodiak 700 with a cycle country 50" blade. I run it in low range 4x4 and it never comes close to powering out, but if the snow is deeper than about 2' it really struggles and looses traction. I had a somewhat long drift in my circle drive that was about 3' deep and I worked until I got one pass through it and quit, but came back a couple days later and busted through it with my truck in 4x4. The snows we have had so far this winter have been about 6" and I don't even mess with plowing, just pack it down with the truck and the wife's AWD SUV.

It's been about 15 years since we lived up there so my recollection may be off. I may well have been able to plow more than 8" or so. I just don't remember.

The big thing I do remember was if I had a lane cleared, I could chip away at a deeper drift until making a path through it. But, if I went out first thing in the morning, after it snowed all night, opened the garage to find drift against the garage door, and a couple of feet of snow behind it without a clear area to move that snow into, it would power out even in 4wd.

A lot depended on the time of year also. Nov. / Dec. snows ... dry and lightweight. Not a problem. April / May snows (we lived at 9,550') ... wet and heavy. Better get at it early and stay at it until it stopped.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
You’re going to need about 400 lbs in the bed once you get to 4”-5” according to my neighbor who has one.
My Kubota RTV 1100 on the other hand plow through 4 foot drifts with ease

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
If you are purchasing a Plow get a Boss V plow and never look back. If you are plowing a dirt road purchase the feet for them.

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote