Find
Notify
Tools

Custom racks for Polaris X2
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Bought a Polaris X2 right before hunting season last year and used it while elk hunting in Colorado. After the season I took it to Colorado Rugged Racks in Cedaredge and had them build some proper racks for it. On the front I wanted the ability to strap my full-size folding chair on it and not slide around. On the rear I wanted a rack for my weather-tight cargo bag and a double (soft) gun scabbbard. My replaced hip doesn't do well with a hard Kolpin type scabbard. There is still clearance for the second seat.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NICE! looks well "racked out". speaking of which, i tried to get my wife to get a custom rack back in the 70s. wouldn't do it. consequently it sags a bit now. her side a the family has a hunting lodge in gunnison and lives in colorado springs. that near the "western slope" ?

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Gunnison is close (I live in Grand Junction). Colo Springs in on the front range south of Denver. The western slope is drier than the front range. A lot more 'western' too. Denver/Boulder is turning into East Kalifornia.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote