Find
Notify
Tools

Need a 4x4 Family Truxter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
We are flying back to the USA next week, maybe this time for good.

We need a 4x4 SUV that has 3 rows (we have kids and grandkids), and need to seat 7.

We ar considering the Ford Expedition EL, Ford Expedition, and the Toyota Sequoia.

I don't buy Chev anything.

The Expedition EL would be a better vehicle, as it is bigger and would give us more room for Disneyland trips and dead animals.

Anyone else doing this?

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I'd buy Chevy long before anything with the 4 letter word FORD on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ford F150s, F250s and F350s are made in America, so is the Expedition.

Toyota Tundras are also made in America, and in Texas.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are three facilities affiliated with the assembly of the Chevy Silverado: Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, Fort Wayne Assembly in Roanoke, Indiana, and Silao Assembly in Silao, Mexico.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I get all that. But when I buy a vehicle, I want one that doesn't make me walk on a regular basis. Had 5 Fords over the years. Each a lemon. Had several Chevy's. Camero, Vettes, Truck, Suburban. All fine vehicles. Suburban was a 1999 model. I'm best friends with the guy I sold it to. He is still driving it.

All the Fords are in junk yards somewhere.

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Buy a Sequoia and if you move again you’ll have better resale value. If you don’t move you’ll have less repair costs.

If you can get by with AWD instead of true 4x4 look at the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot. Better MPG, dead reliable and hold their value.

I’ve bought all of the above for my wife and we are back to a Pilot again.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We bought a Sequoia. I hope it does indeed have better resale.

It was the only 2nd hand 4x4 white or red 7 passenger SUV I could find.

Ours is a 2017. Not over the top in love with it, but we will own it a long time.

Sucks gas like an airliner.

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Fuel mileage was my one of the two gripes my wife had with the Sequoia. The other was tight parking spots.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote