Find
Notify
Tools

The future of the pickup and it ain’t tesla
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Heard one on Paul Harvey years ago that a farmer up north let his chickens nest on his engine in the winter because everyone knows that the body temp. of a setting chicken is 110 degrees.Keeps your engine from freezing,right? I mentioned this to my banker at the time (who is no longer there) + his comment was that chickens did not set nests in the winter w/ a scowl.That stupid SOB might wear Wrangler jeans but he did'nt know jack about farming. I have chickens setting nests year round.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ford invested $500 mil in Rivian

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24...rd-rivian/index.html

Amazon invested and anchored a $700 mil raise

GM tired to tie up with Rivian but deal did not go Thru.

The electric pick up is coming and I think it may be a bigger hit than the electric car.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Judging from Tesla’s decade plus of red ink, it wouldn’t take much to be a bigger hit than the electric car....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is very cool.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/...overland-west-debut/

I would use it for gun storage instead.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tesla anything is a farce, for the soccer mom, man bun wearing crowd for short commutes. Electric trucks aren't the future of trucks eiter, no matter who's making them.

Not surprised Beretta's Ford truck never gets off the pavement either. He should stick to the Prius.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
Tesla anything is a farce, for the soccer mom, man bun wearing crowd for short commutes. Electric trucks aren't the future of trucks eiter, no matter who's making them.

Not surprised Beretta's Ford truck never gets off the pavement either. He should stick to the Prius.

Dude Primus is so 2005.

Let’s see Rivian and Tesla pickup and the new Porsche electric suv. One of those will end up in my garage.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not surprised. Already knew you were a tree hugging dumbass.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not surprised. Already knew you were a tree hugging dumbass.

Given the amount of refining I own or the amount of gas I am going to burn in the next 2 days fishing offshore I would be anything but a tree hugger.

Dumbass I am for sure as I had to work to earn the money to buy my toys. I should have made my career and adult life playing a child’s game and making the big bucks but being a dumbass I had to earn mine Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dumbasses get lucky sometimes. I have an uncle in law like you. Nonetheless he's still a dumbass, and you've got numerous posts to prove it. Congrats.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Come on now JG. I know it's fun to jerk a knot in Mike's tail now and again about some of his wacky ideas but calling him a Dumbass is rude. Not to mention inaccurate.

Now Shootaway, that's a Dumbass, with equal emphasis on Dumb and ASS!!

Mike is a good guy, even if he thinks owning a Blaser makes him look "smart"!!!

clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same things might have been said about diesel-electric locomotives decades ago, and it would have been premature to take them seriously.

I'm a little surprised at the demise of the Chevy Volt, although maybe there's something else in the pipeline to replace its functionality.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Told 'ya he is a dumbass......

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
The stock market will have a overhang till the elections. The Chinese have little urgency to negotiate with trump. Esepcially if us trade policy and treaty precedent becomes every new administration renegotiated a treaty.

No time consistency in policy always leads to bad outcomes.

Biden is better for markets than trump.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Catapillar has in use right now electric heavy equipment that is using a small generator to charge a small bank of batteries with electric motors on each drive axle.

Posts: 154 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on, they haven't built pick ups for decades now, just luxury vehicles with hip pockets. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The last new pickup I was looking at had the ashtray lined in velvet. The salesman said since no one smokes anymore we call it a change holder. What a stupid design + thing to say. And those hip pockets had better be deep too. One of my customers was so happy that he ONLY had to pay 56K for his new P.U. Unreal.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
https://www.freep.com/story/mo...ruck-war/5237463002/

We have a contender...

Something about this trucks ethos intrigued me. I would rather the cyber truck though.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and a range of 400 miles, the R1T is indeed a contender. At $52,500 with a $7,500 tax rebate it is obtainable for most.

But EV is not for me.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Would you get a membership card for the Elon Musk fan club with each purchase? shocker

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Endurance pickup isn't a Tesla, so probably not. Wink

Over the next 12 months, Tesla is going to have a lot of new competition in all market segments. Will be interesting to see how loyal the Snowflakes are to Musk.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
The Endurance pickup isn't a Tesla, so probably not. Wink

Over the next 12 months, Tesla is going to have a lot of new competition in all market segments. Will be interesting to see how loyal the Snowflakes are to Musk.

I'm tempted by the Endurance, but I'd have to clean out the cookie jar and give up my 1993 Dodge with Cummins to get the warden to agree.
For long trips, just rent a gas buggy and go, which is what we did last time when the Cummins was just out of the shop.
By the way, our local Cummins shop will not work on engines older than 2000, had to bite my lip and go to the Dodge dealer for new gaskets.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote