The Accurate Reloading Forums
Landy

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9221043/m/6751027262

11 November 2020, 16:44
mboga biga bwana
Landy
A African Style Land Rover is on Auction https://auctions.springer-vien...NG8-S98¤tpos=2

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas
11 November 2020, 17:01
Opus1
They are also commanding big bucks here in the States.

With the economic hardships in Africa at the moment, I am buying 110's and 130's for beans. Awfully tempted to start importing them...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.
12 November 2020, 08:52
BaxterB
Bring in some land cruisers...
12 November 2020, 13:40
Opus1
There are plenty of Cruisers available in Namibia. I bought a Japanese import 100 Series VX last week for $6,600 USD. It is getting resprayed and will then get a full mechanical makeover. I'll have about $9,000 in it when finished. They are easily going double + that here.

But Landys still fetch big bucks. I am finishing a frame on restoration on a 130 that can easily see four times what I have in it. My neighbor wants it, but it stays in Namibia - it's my bush machine.

13 November 2020, 02:05
Big Wonderful Wyoming
Owned a 109 that color about 20 years ago. It wasn't old enough when I left Spain to export back to America so I sold it to another American when I left.
14 November 2020, 16:43
Opus1
The old diesel Landy's are bulletproof as long as you don't mind the leaks too much. We have two that refuse to leak, but the rest have the self change oil feature.

One the plus side, Land Rover parts are cheap in Africa due to their ubiquitous nature. They cost a third of what Toyota parts cost. And without modern electronics, they simply cannot be stopped - as long as you bring extra lubricant.

02 December 2020, 11:27
umzingele
When the last British soldiers left Cape Town Harbour in 1902, Many Boers went to witness this momentous occasion. As the soldiers were boarding the ships, the Boers verbally abused and directed all sorts of insults towards the British.

The moment the last soldier had boarded, a British Officer turned to the Boers and shouted back"You tormented us and made our lives absolute hell for three years! I can promise you that we will return the favour ten fold stretching over many decades and you will regret the day you ever met us...."

Forty six years later the first Land Rover was offloaded at that same dock....

https://leslievandermerwesafaris.co.za/
25 March 2021, 14:34
Rockdoc
quote:
Originally posted by umzingele:
When the last British soldiers left Cape Town Harbour in 1902, Many Boers went to witness this momentous occasion. As the soldiers were boarding the ships, the Boers verbally abused and directed all sorts of insults towards the British.

The moment the last soldier had boarded, a British Officer turned to the Boers and shouted back"You tormented us and made our lives absolute hell for three years! I can promise you that we will return the favour ten fold stretching over many decades and you will regret the day you ever met us...."

Forty six years later the first Land Rover was offloaded at that same dock....

Big Grin

DRSS