New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 2500
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw something similar to this on another post. My pickup has the tpms and the light is on to inflate rear tires to 80. Way too much for an empty bed. Dealer said they can no longer reset it as it is a safety issue. I have enough sense to check the air and adjust pressure if pulling a trailer or hauling. Was told by another fellow their is a programmer to reset the pressure number. Any help would be appreciated. Dodge 2500, 2018 model.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Check the spare. Mine would go off especially with climate swings. I hate the system, as I got by knowing if my tires were low just by looking at them.

You might try a forum dedicated to GM trucks to find the solution to delete.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AEV makes a unit that will do what you want.
My 2018 Ram has 40 inch tires set at 35 lbs. of pressure.

Posts: 46 | Location: Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will look at that, thanks. DCS, I don't think gm could help much with a dodge pickup. Thanks 4 tryin

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Dodge pickup forum. Some of those guys are really smart.

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OkieNewton:
Will look at that, thanks. DCS, I don't think gm could help much with a dodge pickup. Thanks 4 tryin

I missed the Dodge part...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have looked and searched several sites for the past few weeks, nothing says how to do it. Some went as far to say it is a safety issue and can't be done. I don't believe that. 80 in the rear with empty bed is crazy. A semi does 105. Of course more weight but also more tires. I'll keep looking.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked through that stuff, looks like it takes a programmer. Thanks for the info and your trouble.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I run my F250 with 50 all around. TPMS light stays on. Not a big deal as I can hit a button and move the screen. A touch of another button will take me right back to check if the pressure dropped.
I drove for 45 years without a TPMS light so I can do the same now. But now a press of a button will insure paranoid minds they are still safe.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote