THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 4X4, ATV FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camping trailer like no other, all terrain, modular.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
https://youtu.be/HkVB1sepU8M

https://youtu.be/EiIaKGvTQYw

Buddy of mine put this together, looking to start manufacture now that all his patents are in place.
Give him a youtube following.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I assume the propane was the power source for the hydraulics? I have converted the carb. to my generator in my well house to L.P. also. Propane never goes bad as gasoline will over periods of non use. It's a great back up when the power goes out in the winter here (or anytime in California Wink).

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Interesting. I assume the propane was the power source for the hydraulics? I have converted the carb. to my generator in my well house to L.P. also. Propane never goes bad as gasoline will over periods of non use. It's a great back up when the power goes out in the winter here (or anytime in California Wink).

It has a battery systen to run the hydraulics, recharged by the generator like most RV's.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very intelligent design for a tow trailer/camper. Folks have been doing this in Africa with Uimogs with different configurations. There are several like this in Namibia that switch between game viewing backs, flat beds, and water tanker.

Of course it takes a hell of an overhead hoist to do the change outs. The hydraulics on this design make it a snap. These things would sell biggly in Africa and Australia as many folks routinely camp but also need a trailer for work. Has he thought about other modules like a jobsite tool carrier, mobile welder, dirt bike/side-by-side/jet ski bed, or roadside recovery/support module? By putting a gen, batteries, gas, storage on the front, adding modules on the back becomes more cost effective.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my 5th wheel, thanks. 3 buttons (one each) for the slide outs, and one button to auto level the jacks.

I've done the tents and the "pop-up" style campers. Those days are over. Now the easier the better.

Big Grin

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yukon seems to be the place for strange stuff, when it comes to campers Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote