Find
Notify
Tools

FJ 70 Series Crew
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Man I wish I could find one of these here in Europe. There are a couple, but then I am stuck with a truck I can't take back to the USA.

I know some FJ70s were imported into the USA but I don't know when that ended or for how long. I can't imagine there are very many of them.

I saw that FJ40's were made in Brazil until about 10 years ago. That would be incredible. They even did a FJ40 Crew cab pickup.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Yah that would be great. I've never understood why Toyota didn't import some of their other trucks into the USA instead of just offering an Americanized version.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Because that aspect of Toyota sucks, they don't think they will sell in America.

We'd own a wagon and a crew if we could get one.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
They (70 series) can be imported if over 25 years old. There are companies doing this.

The Brazilian made FJ-40 was made by a company called Baiderante. Very similar to a Beretta to Taurus situation.

The US DOT and EPA had issues with the 70 series. It’s a damn shame.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a few J70s running around in Namibia. Great vehicles with an out of the box off road build quality that stands up to the bush. A little heavy but the weight helps to iron out the rough roads.

But I like our 4500 EFI Cruisers better. They haul more and have more power but are not a good daily driver as they suck fuel faster than an F-15 on afterburner.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote