Find
Notify
Tools

2001 Ram 2500 cummins 4wd
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with Cummins diesel 4wd extended cab 5 spd manual with 69k original miles. Never had a wrench on it except for maintenance. Has lived inside all it's life except while being used.

Have heard these trucks have value. Anyone got an idea how much they are worth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had four dodges with the mighty cummins. Good trucks, go to a dealer and act like you want to trade it for a new one. People in the know will ask about the so called 5th gear nut.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were bad about breaking the mainshaft in the trans.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess would be in the 12-14K range.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with Cummins diesel 4wd extended cab 5 spd manual with 69k original miles. Never had a wrench on it except for maintenance. Has lived inside all it's life except while being used.

Have heard these trucks have value. Anyone got an idea how much they are worth?

Lane,
Del Prater, a member here was(is) looking for a truck like yours recently, maybe you guys could get together on it?

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He bought a truck several weeks back.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote