New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy cow Batman! Ford Ecoboost
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, no loaner, but I luckily have other trucks to drive. It’s been in their shop over 1/3 of the past year. Hopefully, this saga will be over in a week or so.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2741 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Th9is is getting comical now, new motor arrived from Ford and was installed last week, Ford rep was doing "drive cycles" and was going to "read the computer"...damn thing wouldn't run. I suspect waiting on motor number five. We'll see...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2741 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scratch Ford Ecoboost from future buying decisions.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Karl's experience mirrors my own concerning FORDs. I've owned 5 of them. Each of them were lemons and spent more time in the shop than on the road.

Technically speaking, I only purchased 3 of them. One was a Mustang II my wife owned while in college and the first year or so our marriage. It finally died for good on her one day as she coasted into a used car dealership. They gave her $500 for it and she drove off in a "new" used car. Good riddance to that POS.

I had completely sworn off of FORDs when my late father offered us his Exploder as he was buying a new truck. Sold an Isuzu Trooper and gave Dad the cash in exchange for the newer Exploder. First time we took it for annual inspection, the shop put in on the ramps, performed the smog test by revving the engine to 1,800 rps while in park. It completely shit the transmission. Turns out they had a plastic throw out gear and were known for doing this during the smog test. So much so that the State of Texas began issuing an exception for Exploders so as not to require this test. This back around the 1999 timeframe.

We've been a FORD free family for nearly 20 years now as that was the last one. Life has been much better with the switch to Dodge. 400,000+ miles on my 2004 Cummins and going strong!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the fine Ford back today and it made it home with no problems, all 18 miles, and ran fine but I don't trust it at all.It'll belong to someone else very soon.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
My experience if you own enough vehicle irrespective of brand you will have a lemon.

I've had 1 that was a Ford (out of a fleet of other Ford products that gave miles and years of service)

The others were-2 BMW's, 3 GM's, 2 Dodge Cummins (now Ram)
I won't include the exotics--you kind of expect trouble there.

Unlike Karl's experience, Ford was the easiest to deal with on the lemon debacle-

I think it probably comes down to who you deal with on the companies side, and to some degree the luck of the draw

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since starting this thread thought I would update it. Loved everything about my F150 truck but it had one nagging issue and that was a vibration in the driveline between 40-55. Numerous trips to the dealers failed to get it repaired. Finally contacted Ford and asked them to replace it under our states Lemon Law guidelines and they agreed.
That took 4 months from start until the new truck was delivered. This time went with a Superduty gasser Lariat 4x4 crew cab with 4:30 gears. So far so good with the new truck. I wasnt about to pay $9,200 for the diesel and then pay another $.75 - $1 a gallon at the pump for fuel since I only tow 5,000 pounds.
Lemon Law rules are complicated. Ford would of refunded my money but it was not to my advantage to accept a check as the F150 was on sale for $10,000 under MSRP when I purchased it. If you trade truck to truck they go MSRP to MSRP so just had to pay the difference.
Surprisingly, a new F150 Lariat costs as much as a Lariat Super Duty if they are built with similar options.
After 8 Ford trucks got my first Lemon. Hope it was my last.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Final installment of the "ecoboom" saga, I finally got rid of that POS and replaced it with a F250 4x4 Supercab.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Final installment of the "ecoboom" saga, I finally got rid of that POS and replaced it with a F250 4x4 Supercab.

How’s the new f250? What engine did you go with?

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay, been working at our ranch. I got the 6.2 liter gas engine, it pulls everything I’ve put behind it just fine but I have a Dodge with Cummins that will “start” a heavy trailer easier. I got 4wd with manual locking hubs, which I really like. This is a good truck.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I now have owned my Super Duty 6.2 with 4:30 gears for 15 months and so far zero issues. Am averaging 14.3 running around town and 16 on a trip. Lowered the front tp to 50 and the rear to 45 (when not towing) and the ride is pretty good.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote