Notify
Tools

Holy cow Batman! Ford Ecoboost
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
I have been researching the Eco-boost and owners are claiming they are getting NO WHERE near published fuel economy. And it gets even worse while towing?

Just took a 0 2014 f150 ecoboost to MT avg 14 mpg from Wis and back.

Heck I get that with my 2002 F150

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mileage wasn’t really bad, I sometimes got as high as 24-25 mpg, depending on traffic. But put a trailer behind it, even a small trailer carrying a Kawasaki Mule, and the mileage went down to 10-12 mpg. That is when it was running, of course. POS.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
K Evans, no warranty from Ford on the past engine repairs?

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
K Evans, no warranty from Ford on the past engine repairs?

The first repair was done under a TSB, the second time the motor failed I negotiated with Ford and paid a percentage, the third time, and catastrophic failure, both the dealership and Ford say they will not help with repairs.
It seems to me that a motor that had new timing chains and new heads should last more than one day, but it didn't.
I'll never buy another new Ford product, that's for sure.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sound like a trip to small claims court is in order. Even a Jasper rebuild comes with a warranty.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the saga continues...the POS is still siting at the Ford dealership where I bought it (and where the "repairs" have been done), I've exhausted trying to get anywhere with the dealer and they told me to "open a case with Ford customer support". Ford customer support apparently wants to handle everything on twitter or some other social media BS, I want to speak to a human. I finally got a valid phone number,called...and got an Indian guy that lacked the ability to understand or speak English (Texas English, anyway). It honestly took 35 minutes to convey a five minute story, I had to spell out damn near every word, he couldn't spell the dealership's name and I even had to spell "Ford" for him. He said he would send me a case number within an hour and that was yesterday morning. Still waiting on a case number. In the meantime, I started sending emails to some of Ford Motor Company directors including a history of repairs. I th8nk that might elicit some sort of action one way or the other as I was sent the name and number of the general manager of another, larger Ford dealership in the DFW area. I'll be giving him a call on Monday morning.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look to see if they have a corporate office in texas. In the era of the yellow pages I found one local and received helpful answers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, there's a Ford Service rep (user name FordService) on the ford-trucks.com forums. They've helped sort out a few member's ongoing service issues expeditiously. Trying to find you a direct email address or phone number, but for now I'd suggest registering on there and getting ahold of them.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
And the saga continues...the POS is still siting at the Ford dealership where I bought it (and where the "repairs" have been done), I've exhausted trying to get anywhere with the dealer and they told me to "open a case with Ford customer support". Ford customer support apparently wants to handle everything on twitter or some other social media BS, I want to speak to a human. I finally got a valid phone number,called...and got an Indian guy that lacked the ability to understand or speak English (Texas English, anyway). It honestly took 35 minutes to convey a five minute story, I had to spell out damn near every word, he couldn't spell the dealership's name and I even had to spell "Ford" for him. He said he would send me a case number within an hour and that was yesterday morning. Still waiting on a case number. In the meantime, I started sending emails to some of Ford Motor Company directors including a history of repairs. I th8nk that might elicit some sort of action one way or the other as I was sent the name and number of the general manager of another, larger Ford dealership in the DFW area. I'll be giving him a call on Monday morning.

You have a PM.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Any updates?

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep...very brief. The POS is still sitting in my driveway and I’m still fighting with Ford. The dealership doesn’t want to warranty work that failed after only 2 days. I have a Ford Case number for what it’s worth, and I know Ford has contacted the dealer about working it out. I’ve also going down another avenue for repair or replacement.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep...very brief. The POS is still sitting in my driveway and I’m still fighting with Ford. The dealership doesn’t want to warranty work that failed after only 2 days. I have a Ford Case number for what it’s worth, and I know Ford has contacted the dealer about working it out. I’ve also going down another avenue for repair or replacement.

I cannot imagine how pissed you are!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brief update, going down the "other avenue" might be working. I got a phone call from Ford last Thursday at about 2:00 pm and a tow truck picked the truck up before 4:00 pm to take it to a dealership for repair. We'll see how this goes.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brief update, going down the "other avenue" might be working. I got a phone call from Ford last Thursday at about 2:00 pm and a tow truck picked the truck up before 4:00 pm to take it to a dealership for repair. We'll see how this goes.

Good luck Karl.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get 6mpg with my wife’s truck towing. But that is over 11k pounds. But the thing pulls better than my 2006 f250. But we lease and get rid of them before they are out of warranty. She is going to get a new vehicle every few years anyway so with the eco boost and max tow pkg, this is the only ford that will pull our Rv that we can get a lease on without going with a commercial lease. I would never buy one of these as I don’t want it after it is three years old and out of warranty.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

Thanks, I'm pretty optimistic, but I'm still getting rid of the POS as soon as I get it back from the dealership.

Good luck Karl.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was notified today that Ford has delivered a new-on-the-pallet motor to the dealership for my truck and I should have it back within a week.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was notified today that Ford has delivered a new-on-the-pallet motor to the dealership for my truck and I should have it back within a week.

That's great. I hope that it lasts long enough for you to find another owner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]That's great. I hope that it lasts long enough for you to find another owner.[/QUOTE]

If it'll stay together long enough for me to find another truck, it'll belong to someone else (even though the new motor comes with a long warranty).

Karl Evans

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I may have missed it, but have they given you a "loaner" during all this time?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote