New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Jeep E-Wrangler In December?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The announcement is supposedly coming September 3rd.

I see the benefits of 100% available speed controlled torque for crawling applications, but not sure this will win over the masses... well maybe a few snowflakes.

I am much more interested to see a Hellcat Gladiator.

Make the North Pole green again.

quote:

Jeep Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid charges toward December launch

We already saw the Wrangler 4xe in the metal at CES 2020, but we'll have the full details come the end of this year.

Sean Szymkowski Aug. 25, 2020 1:53 p.m. PT

Jeep kicked 2020 off with plug-in hybrid news, and it will end 2020 with plug-in hybrid news.

On Tuesday, Jeep published a video that for some reason teases the Wrangler 4xe PHEV, even though we already saw the SUV in person at CES 2020. And despite getting to see it, we actually didn't learn too much else about it. Specifics surrounding its battery, charging, range and all that good stuff remains undisclosed.

We'll either get a focused debut in December, or we'll learn more about the electrified SUV in the months to come leading up to its launch. Nevertheless, a plug-in hybrid Wrangler is a pretty big change for the storied nameplate. It's doubly true as Jeep prepares to defend against the 2021 Ford Bronco, set to launch next year.

The Wrangler 4xe is just the start for Jeeps' plug-in hybrid portfolio. By 2022, the brand plans to have an electrified option available for every single model it sells. Keep in mind, "electrified" can be as minimal as a 48-volt mild-hybrid system like the Wrangler eTorque's powertrain. So, no, don't think all Jeeps will be totally electric in just two years' time.

As for other confirmed models coming, Jeep also showed the Compass 4xe and Renegade 4xe models at CES 2020. Both models enjoyed separate debuts in Europe but it's not clear if the powertrains spoken of will translate to the US.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the link - https://www.jeep.com/wrangler-..._J_EM&coin=200173514

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
It’s quite interesting!
I too want to see the hellcat gladiator, but I can see the attraction to a dual power plant Wrangler. I think I would rather see a pure electric version more though. I want to see a factory solar panel hard top accessory

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote