New
Find
Notify
Tools

UTVs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,is there any HONEST source of information on UTVs?Something that will tell about problem vehicles.MPG,reliability.I am considering Polaris Ranger 570,Honda Pioneer 700,Kawasaki Mule(The new version.)Thanks ahead ,OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about honest and I certainly did not look at all of them but I did seriously consider the Kawasaki Mule recently. It seems to be reliable and about the least expensive in the category. As you can see from the other thread I started, I ultimately decided the Honda Rancher 4x4 ATV did what I wanted and was significantly cheaper.

I also could not avoid comparisons of the cost of the "loaded" utvs to buying a good used pickup truck and/or bigger tractor or backhoe depending on what you want to do.

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
I don't know about honest and I certainly did not look at all of them but I did seriously consider the Kawasaki Mule recently. It seems to be reliable and about the least expensive in the category. As you can see from the other thread I started, I ultimately decided the Honda Rancher 4x4 ATV did what I wanted and was significantly cheaper.

I also could not avoid comparisons of the cost of the "loaded" utvs to buying a good used
pickup truck and/or bigger tractor or backhoe depending on what you want to do.

Amen to that.The same things are going through my mind.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Of the machines you mentioned the honda is your best bet from my experience. You should give the Kubota RTV line a look too. They are the most reliable, trouble free UTV on the market. This comes from my personal experience as a certified impulse buyer of all things off road.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
In February 2014 I did a bunch of research on the different UTV's. Finally purchased the Polaris Ranger 570. I made the right choice! I use it most every day. Honda Rancher ATV stays in the garage for the most part. I had the Polaris dealer add a hard top, windshield and rear curtain before I took delivery. Again, well pleased. Hope this helps.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of 1bigdog
posted Hide Post
I bought a Ranger XP 900 last month and have been very pleased. I also did significant research before pulling the trigger. You may want to check out some of the forums to find out what other owners are saying about their machines. Here's the link for Polaris. http://www.rangerforums.net/forum/

Good luck!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Polaris...the only choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36551 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pulled the trigger on a Gator 825i.I went to a local ATV-UTV riding club and was told the Gators just don`t break down.I took one for a spin and was impressed. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the Teryx crew cab or Polaris Crew. I chose the Kawasaki due to comfort, cost and it had doors! Love the MPG! Its better than my Polaris ATV!!

Having said this I like Polaris as well! The Teryx is a little loud!

I looked at the Mule the other day. It is quieter than most, if not all other machines! I would most likely purchase a Mule if I was buying!

I have rode my Teryx HARD the past couple of years. No problems and I love having it!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Hi,is there any HONEST source of information on UTVs?Something that will tell about problem vehicles.MPG,reliability.I am considering Polaris Ranger 570,Honda Pioneer 700,Kawasaki Mule(The new version.)Thanks ahead ,OB

The Mule would be good for a farm since it's slow. I would consider the Honda, or a Yamaha Wolverine.

Oops! The OP already got what he wanted. Smiler

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote