New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladder Gizmo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have over $600.00 in this ladder gizmo. only to find my fake knees leave me a little "shaky jake". The bed of my Ram is about 40" high, which prompted the project. I'll sell the whole thing with mounting brackets for $250.00 postage paid in lower US.

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, I didn't know you live in Spanaway! That is where my son and his family used to live, now they live on Woodland Rd. East in Puyallup. Anyway, I have a Ram 2500 4X4 and I bought a ladder system at the local TSC farm and home store that bolted to the tailgate. That is the only way I can get in and out of the box on that truck. It cost me less than $50 and I wouldn't sell it for $500 if I couldn't replace it.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well..live and learn..TSC close by, I'll check it out Thanks

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
My dad used either the TSC unit or one like it. He was having balance as well as knee issues. What he liked about it was since it came over the end he could place a hand on the top end of the bed and add balance. Duane not near as fancy or as much material as yours but got the job done for him.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...came to realize there's a "nuisance" factor with all these tail gate ladders. Ford seems to have the better idea, but with 41" from tail gate to ground, would make a pretty big "one step"

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I guess I've never heard of the tailgate ladder before? Confused

I've just been carrying one of those plastic toolbox/steps for a bunch of years.

My knees aren't getting any younger either, perhaps I should look into moving up in the world.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
I'm a really big fan of Little Giant step ladders. Since my knee troubles. Not reinjuring them takes commitment to safety. Might sound like a company slogan. But it's true.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote