New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos from Flickr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Experts can you please describe how to include pictures (to a hunt report) from Flickr? I've reviewed the sticky articles but they refer to PB. I've also ran a search and of course the possibilities are endless with " Flickr " in the search. Thank you!

Posts: 297 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
when you are looking at the photo on flickr you should see a arrow to the bottom right of the photo (there are two arrows actually, look for the one pointed down for Download).
Click the download arrow and then choose "view all sizes"
On that page you should have various size choices. Click what ever size you want to use on the post. Medium would be a good choice. I would stay away from posting HUGE photos that don't fit on the screen. Most of us keep our monitors on a standard resolution.
Once you click that you should be looking at that photo in that size you chose.
At this point RIGHT click over the photo with your mouse. There should be an option of "copy image address"

you now have the URL/address of the photo (ending in .jpg). You would use this just like any other photo you are inserting from anywhere on the internet. Keep in mind that is copied to the clipboard, so you need to paste it somewhere before doing the next one.

Click the Image icon on the little tool bar above (when posting a new message) and then paste the address you copied in the previous step.

Let me know if that makes sense.
thanks

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TEST

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby - Thanks for the effort. I did as you described but when I right clicked on the downloaded image (medium) there is not an option to copy image address. I went to properties and copied the URL (it ended in .jpg) and pasted it in the image box on the above reply but no image. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have a long overdue hunt report and do not want to put all my photos on another site. Thank you,
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FINALLY figured it out. Many Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no problem! glad you got it figured out.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote