New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burkina Faso Feb 2014
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice - especially the elephant in the swamp Smiler Is it a Roan that escapes over the dirt road ?

How is hunting in Burkina Faso ? Travel, safety, lodging, food, people, the hunt it self etc etc ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Roan. Will write a detailed response/hunt report

Just started taking picture - most sucked with Nikon SLR as I did not know how to focus correctly.

My goal is to get better at taking pictures over next few years.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Just started taking picture - most sucked with Nikon SLR as I did not know how to focus correctly.

Mike

Having gone through the learning curve with successive Nikon DSLRs, I feel your pain. Still, one gets the feel for the place with your pics, which as you know is a place I like alot.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink, have you been many times in Burkina Faso ? How is it in general ? Travel, hunting, people, arrangements etc etc ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Wink, have you been many times in Burkina Faso ? How is it in general ? Travel, hunting, people, arrangements etc etc ?

Morten

I lived there for three years. Met my future wife there, got married there. But until I went back in January 2013 to hunt, I hadn't been there in many years. To be honest, I have no idea what it would be like to be a tourist there since I feel right at home. I thought the hunting was very good. I met Toufic in Paris, fixed the dates with him and sent him the serial number on my rifle. Other than buying air tickets and getting a visa, I didn't do anything else, except get on the plane.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote