Find
Notify
Tools

Panorama format
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I'm looking for opinions on the picture format for web posts. These pics are 2:1 in other words twice as wide as they are high. I think it works for web posts; what does the gallery think?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Or should they be bigger like these?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Unless one is using a very high resolution monitor, the first set is more useable for the majority of viewers.

Great photos though.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Unless one is using a very high resolution monitor, the first set is more useable for the majority of viewers.

Great photos though.

+1

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I posted the pictures using my iMac, but now I'm looking at them from my laptop, and yes, the larger ones go so far off the screen that you can't see the whole picture at one glance. I'll stick to the smaller length photos for posting.

I've posted some of the pictures before, but this time I spent some time correcting in post-processing the white balance, the contrast and the unsharp mask. The camera (a Nikon D60) was set to Auto White Balance, but as shot they were far too warm, about 5500 Kelvin. The above photos are set at around 4200 Kelvin. It makes a world of difference. Just a plug for shooting in a RAW format.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I discovered by accident that that 2:1 forman it super. Had a dog photo that didn't look good at 8x10 crop. So went to 8x20 Panorama. Not quite right there so I started experimenting and came up with 10x20 and it was great. I can't program my new printer to do that through so don't do it now. We see in panorama so I guess it makes sence to print in it.

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both formats look good to me- makes me wish I was there!

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are fantastic photos. They just need a little photoshop or Lightroom or the free from Google Picasa photo editing. Then, they would be professional quality. In Lightoom, you would slightly increase the Clarity, the Vibrance, and the Saturation - only ever so slightly. You will be amazed at the difference. Don't ever believe that the pros don't do the same with every photo they publish. That's why they are so good. What you have presented is as good as the very best camera can give you. It is up to you to take them to the next level.

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Great photos though.

+1

+2. First format more friendly and great pics BTW.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just got a Dell M3800 laptop, which has a resolution of 3200x1800.

Absolutely stunning!

Pictures looks fantastic on it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I have a dual screen monitor at work (2560x1024). The twice as long as it is high works really well for that kind of setup.

The zebra pic is great.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote