Find
Notify
Tools

Kruger Park - Sept
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted
During September I had the chance to do two day trips to the Southern and Central areas.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. You got to see so much more than I did on a trip through Kruger.......

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Kruger is an amazing place.

Pity you did not see a lot on your trip.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Great pictures. You got to see so much more than I did on a trip through Kruger.......

Sorry to hear that . It is always possible to have a trip to Kruger where one does not see that much. I find that choosing the area inside the park that one visits for that time of year and the amount of time that one spends there has everything to do with it. Spending 2 to 3 nights in Kruger is a totally different experience from doing an in and out one day trip. Some luck is always helpful. Kruger is such a huge and diverse place and North and South are so different . The Northern section has fewer camps with noticeably fewer tourists and some awesome animals. Its the Kruger I grew up with. a Fantastic place.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice photos thanks for sharing

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more..

It was the end of the dry season you will note that rain was urgently needed

This big old croc is a super predator

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:

Sorry to hear that . It is always possible to have a trip to Kruger where one does not see that much. I find that choosing the area inside the park that one visits for that time of year and the amount of time that one spends there has everything to do with it. Spending 2 to 3 nights in Kruger is a totally different experience from doing an in and out one day trip. Some luck is always helpful. Kruger is such a huge and diverse place and North and South are so different . The Northern section has fewer camps with noticeably fewer tourists and some awesome animals. Its the Kruger I grew up with. a Fantastic place.

Jan I agree that staying in the Park is amazing.

But I have done a bunch of day visits to the park.

On a few occasions I have not seen all of the big 5.

Leopard being the usual culprit.

The Southern area around the Sabie and Crocodile rivers are just amazing and I have come to love these big rivers.

But the area north of the Sabie towards Tsokwane up to Satara is also amazing.

One of my favorite stops is Leeu pan and was hugely disappointed to find it bone dry this year.

I will take my daughter for a her 1st stay in park next year June July planning to book at Under Sabie camp.

I love hunting the the Kruger with the Canon...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
You're right Gerhard , the whole Park is amazing. Each section has its own beauty. Even Pretorius kop and berg en dal merit a trip.
The feeling you get in the Far North though is what satisfies my soul. I often visit Satara area just for the day as its virtually on my doorstep , and if I do a one day trip with clients I'll drive from Satara to Olifants and Letaba and out again at Phalaborwa. The Elephant museum at Letaba to me is the holy grail of Elephant ivory. I get goose flesh every time I touch those sets of tusks. The average tourist has no idea what they're looking at there. Totally untouched by it.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jan,

Enjoy it the next trip for me as well.

I am at most 3 times a year in country, and somewhere in the year I make an effort to get to the KNP.

The north is a trip I still need to do when I have a bit more time.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za