New
Find
Notify
Tools

backyard hummers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Attached are a few photos from our backyard feeders. Lots of hummingbirds this year.

TT

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry, I duplicated one shot. Here's the missing one.
TT

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There are no hummingbirds in France, I miss them.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have two hummingbird feeders on our front porch, one that is near my wife's office window. This feeder had 11 hummingbirds flying around it yesterday and today...they looked like flies swarming. We had about 6 that have been here since spring and I suppose the migration has started and we have a lot of visitors. They are drinking over a quart of sugar water a day, what neat little birds.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2742 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was on my patio earlier this summer drinking coffee from a cup with flower pictures on it. A hummingbird flew right up to it and tried to stick its beak into the flower. Failing that, it perched on the rim of my cup for a bit. Coolest thing...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Hummingbird Moth visiting our flowers

Posts: 1610 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of ours in NE Alabama have left; I am down to one or two. We keep our feeders fresh until the first freeze which will be in November. Best dog fights are in PM.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
the title of this thread is deceptive...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was almost afraid to click on it. Eeker
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
the title of this thread is deceptive...

Posts: 3664 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote