Pretty birds / Ugly birds
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Pretty birds (Spoonbill, Egyptian goose) :

Secretary bird

Ugly birds (Marabout stork):

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I think that last stork needs to be tested for Ebola!!

They sure are ugly.

Great pics,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those storks make our vultures look cute.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His mother thinks he is pretty!!!

Birds are, to me, the most amazing creatures on the surface of the earth. Our good Lord had a great deal of imagination in creating them.

Second on my list are the little creatures that live in the ocean. I just went to the Houston museum of natural history and came away completely in awe of what lies beneath the waves.

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

Birds are, to me, the most amazing creatures on the surface of the earth. Our good Lord had a great deal of imagination in creating them.

Second on my list are the little creatures that live in the ocean. I just went to the Houston museum of natural history and came away completely in awe of what lies beneath the waves.

I cannot fathom a world without birds. I think it strange and unnatural if a person has no interest in the avian world. Of course, the majority of the people think I am the strange one....... jumping

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDSpink:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

I cannot fathom a world without birds. I think it strange and unnatural if a person has no interest in the avian world. Of course, the majority of the people think I am the strange one....... jumping

The best time a man has is during college years.

I bet that many of you had the same problem as I did.

I loved birds. Of all shapes and sizes. All colors and races.

There was never an ugly one!

If it was a bird, it is good enough for dinner.

Or lunch, or breakfast, or jut s quick snack clap clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
A Saddle-Billed Stork for the pretty bird category.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this Kori Bustard is pretty, or ugly, but it's a big bird.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks kinda like a short tailed Roadrunner on steroids!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a "one-of -a-kind bird I think is pretty
It's a Leucistic female Cardinal:

She lived in my back yard for close to 3 years before she disappeared

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
I agree-birds are fascinating to watch. And so many of them look like miniature flying dinosaurs.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote