THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PHOTO ALBUMS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Photo Albums And Videos    A Short Visit To British Columbia, Canada.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Short Visit To British Columbia, Canada.
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We went on a heliski visit to BC, Canada.

It was our first time going there.

We stayed at a farm house, and were looked after so well we really felt being at home.

Everyone we met was extremely friendly.

We arrived as strangers, and made many friends.

Here is a selection of some of the photos we took.

There will be several selections, as well as some videos.

I hope you enjoy them.

VIDEOS

We stopped by this lake to have a break

A waterfall that is partially frozen

We stopped by this rifer bank to have lunch after seeing the wild horses

One of the many frozen lakes

Lunch on Calvert Island

Swans, bulls and horses

Gopro On A Helicopter 1

Gopro On A Helicopter 2

Gopro On A Helicopter 3

Gopro On A Helicopter 4

Gopro On A Helicopter 5

Gopro On A Helicopter 6

Gopro On A Helicopter 7

Gopro On A Helicopter 8

Gopro On A Helicopter 9

Gopro On A Helicopter 10

Gopro On A Helicopter 11

Gopro On A Helicopter 12

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BC deserves more than a short visit, one of the most varied and beautiful places on the planet. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Had I know you were just around the corner from me I would have stopped by for a visit. I heard you met my hunting partner, Elora for turns 80 on May 1.
I hope you had a good time, Walt and Carl as well as the King family are great people.
I am glad you enjoyed your trip.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I am sorry I never knew you were close by.

Elora drove our bags to the airport, and we had a great visit with here there.

I showed her some hunting clips on my phone.

Both the Fosters and Kings are fantastic people. We became immdiate friends, and they certainly did everything possible to make us feel at home.

How far are you from them??

Mike and David took me on a helicopter ride to the coast, we had lunch there together.

We saw a mountain lion tracks right where we landed, and Mike saw one a couple of hundred yards from our lodge at the Fosters.

We saw two mountain goats from the helicopter, and two moose crossing a frozen lake.

I am going to process more photos and videos and post them here.

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Glad you got to meet Elora. She is one of Doug's most interesting neighbors. She's had a very interesting life and is still full of life even at 80. She added a great deal of entertainment to our hunt with Doug.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for these wonderful photos Saeed. They revive many fond personal memories. I've hunted twice in BC and hunting again next year. What I have seen of the province is country north of Smithers. From the air it is breathtakingly beautiful. Those vast tracts of wilderness stir something deep in a hunters soul. Some terrain compares so closely to our home wilderness I've had to pinch myself to remember I walk in the land of Moose and Mountain Goat and not the land of Tahr, Chamois and Red Deer.
Yes please for more photos and video Saeed. The perspective you capture is always fascinating.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
A GREAT photographic representation of your visit, just as we have come to expect with you behind the camera.
Beautiful area.

Once again I get to go and see that which I will never get to go and see due to your photographic skills.

Fantastic photos thanks for sharing.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got a question regarding the Mavic drone, lying in the grass with a broken propeller.

We did not get to use the Mavic as much as we would have done if we were not flying most of the time.

We were living in a valley, which can be quite windy.

What happened was I took the drone and flew it down the valley to take a video of some swans, bulls and horses.

I was getting warnings on my remote that the wind was too high.

But, as everything seems to be working, I did not pay attention to this.

The warnings became a bit of s pain, so I thought I will bring the drone back.

It was about 400 meters from me down the valley.

I turned around to my direction, and hit the throttle to full speed.

I noticed that the distance indicator was actually increasing the distance between me and the drone, despite the fact that it was supposed to be flying towards me??

The wind was too strong, and the drone was actually going backwards!!

By this time it was about 1200 meters away, and about to get into the Forrest.

I thought I better land it in the field, where I can go and get it.

It was just in the neck of time, as it hit a branch on the way down.

I had to walk several kilometers to go back, cross the river by the only bridge and get it.

I did get some very nice video over a frozen lake.

We could hear the water underneath the ice, it sounded like someone is running heavy machinery.

It did not help that my guide kept saying that he was not too comfortable on the ice, as part of the lake was melting clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have added some videos at the top.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos, as we all expect.
I do most of my travels with you!

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I am about 40 minutes from White Saddle, just around the corner near Tatlayoko Lake.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, great pictures as usual.

In regards to the Mavic and high winds, you need to switch to Sport Mode to get the performance necessary to buck high winds. I encountered something similar and switched to Sport and had no problems. I generally get 45 MPH in sport mode in calm air. The Mavic's more streamlined profile handles wind better than the Phantom series.

Unless I am in POV or Tracking mode, I keep mine in Sport Mode. Remember, you do lose the forward obstacle avoidance in this mode.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for sharing. BC is beautiful. How do you handle the cold? You live in an inferno and have no bodily insulation? Big Grin

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Saeed,

Thanks for sharing. BC is beautiful. How do you handle the cold? You live in an inferno and have no bodily insulation? Big Grin

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

Actually, it wasn't as cold as it was in Switzerland in December when we were in the Swiss Alps.

But, I found wearing ski clothes helps enormously.

We stayed in a modern farm house, and normally I am the first one up in the morning to get the fire going. Was amazed how quickly the wood would burn.

This is in complete contrast to when we were in Switzerland, as the wood there would take ages to start going.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
So many places to ski - so little time! nilly

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Beautiful looking place. Trying to talk my son into getting a job there after Uni. So I can visit him of course Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7974 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Northern B.C., perhaps the most beautiful places I have ever been too.

Thanks Saeed

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
You really do things right! clap
Thanks for sharing.

Makes me homesick for The North.
The way I saw BC was to drive across it in 6 one-way trips in either a 1985 GMC 4WD SUV,
or a 26-foot-box U-Haul rental truck loaded with household goods.
To and from Anchorage, AK and MO, KY, or FL.

The first time I had wife and kids along and it took 13 days in the summer of 1985.
They flew on airlines after that first drive. rotflmo
But I always loved the drive, even solo.
Once I did 5400 miles in 6 days and 23 hours in the dead of winter in the GMC.
Driving is actually better that time of year,
before "break-up."

The first time I crossed the Yukon River bridge in my then brand-new 1985 GMC, I stopped to pee in the river.
That is a traditional prerequisite for becoming a "sourdough" and not just another "cheechako."
One must also kill a bear and make love to a ... well, never mind. animal

Surely you must want to hunt Alaska and Canada now?

popcorn
There is more than one way to skin a wildcat.
patriot Riflecrank Incurable Permanente salute

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
So beautifully pristine!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Did any of you notice the large mountain lion track?

We found this on the beach on Calvert Island!!?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, in the latest posting, close-up of the sand, big mountain lion, eh? How many inches at the widest of the prints?

And looking back, the tracks of the elusive loghopper were found, crossing over log in the nearest foreground, moving from right to left.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Saeed,

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

Actually, it wasn't as cold as it was in Switzerland in December when we were in the Swiss Alps.

But, I found wearing ski clothes helps enormously.

We stayed in a modern farm house, and normally I am the first one up in the morning to get the fire going. Was amazed how quickly the wood would burn.

This is in complete contrast to when we were in Switzerland, as the wood there would take ages to start going.

Yes Saad our wonderful soft wood we have here in BC makes great firewood , but not so good gun stocks !!!
Glad you had a wonderful time in our great province . You should book a Grizzly Bear hunt in BC west coast .

Posts: 482 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Thank You for sharing such excellent pictures.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Rocky Mountain Goat.
A "Ten" for sure, and getting close to a 10-inch horn?
Might be a new B&C record.
But not an Outer Circle record of any sort!
Not to be shot with a .375/404 Jeffery!

The all-time Stone Sheep record was taken in Muskawa River, BC locale by Mr. Chadwick in 1936.
Record still stands.
Some call it the "Greatest North American Big Game Trophy of All Time, the Chadwick Ram."
Oddly enough, shot/wounded with a 404 Jeffery and 300-grain bullet, by the out-of-breath, elderly Mr. Chadwick,
but finished off by the guide's 30-06. animal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The photos are of two separate goats.

They were within a mile of each other.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
So heliskiing is the excuse for all this adventure?

I always swore I valued my knees too much to ski.
My son is crazy about skiing.
I never understood that, but since he gave up rockclimbing for skiing, I thought it was a good thing.
He even moved to CO and hits all the resorts around the state most weekends there is snow.
That is most of the year at +11,000 feet.

I am going to have to take up skiing so as to have a hobby interest in common with my son.
All else is lower priority than skiing, for him. He has gone totally nuts about it!

Great new hobby for a sextagenarian!
But I am a few years younger than old man Saeed is!

I am really excited about learning to snowplow! rotflmo
I'll try not to break a leg. old

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
So heliskiing is the excuse for all this adventure?

I always swore I valued my knees too much to ski.
My son is crazy about skiing.
I never understood that, but since he gave up rockclimbing for skiing, I thought it was a good thing.
He even moved to CO and hits all the resorts around the state most weekends there is snow.
That is most of the year at +11,000 feet.

I am going to have to take up skiing so as to have a hobby interest in common with my son.
All else is lower priority than skiing, for him. He has gone totally nuts about it!

Great new hobby for a sextagenarian!
But I am a few years younger than old man Saeed is!

I am really excited about learning to snowplow! rotflmo
I'll try not to break a leg. old

Whatever you do, if you are not a good skier, forget helisking.

I have given up skiing when I discovered I can actually go down a black slope faster sitting on my backpack rather on skis.

I can also do it without a backpack.

It is all the new craze, as it is quite unique sport, and so far I am the only one who does it on a regular basis.

I get rather funny comments sometimes.

As I approach a very steep black slope, walking around the mountains and wanting to get down quicker than walking on a blue slope.

I take off my backpack, and get close to the steep drop.

Someone will say "You are not going down that are you?"

"Well, it is faster to get down than walking for miles around the mountains"

"But you need skis to go down this. This is black, and very steep"

"Real experts do not need skis. I have been doing this for years"

With all sorts of funny laughs coming from everyone, I sit down, and go straight to the bottom.

I have to be careful arresting my speed with my heels, or sometimes I do a summersault or two. rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Beautifull ,very similar to our Patagonia .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....incredible place, got to go there one day.....don't need any old fart welders there by chance ?? tu2 Wink

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote