New
Find
Notify
Tools

DJI Phantom 4 Drone Footage
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7574 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Saeed, Can you please tell me what ground station software you like?
Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of those videos come up as "Not Found " ??

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Most of those videos come up as "Not Found " ??

Sorry about that.

I have corrected the links, and they should work now.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I get a picture on each , but just one picture no motion !

NOW I'm getting stuff !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If a T.Rex were mounted under each wing, could we see it on CNN?

Posts: 1066 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Is this the phantom 4 professional? If so how far have you been able to fly it and what kind of flight times are you seeing?

I'm thinking about a phantom 4 but am torn, I can get a phantom 3 for quite a bit less but the range and flight times may seal the deal for the 4

The videos are amazing

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is the Phantom 4 - not sure if there is a Professional version.

The flight time depends on what you do.

If you fly at full speed, and climb a lot, the flight time is shortened.

Also, once the battery gets down to 30%, you better bring it back close.

At 20% RETURN HOME is activated for it to come back.

I have been using it quite extensively, using 6 batteries.

I turn the video recorder on as soon as I take off, and switch it off after landing.

Longest clip so far has been 22 minutes, shortest 17 minutes. All with fully charged batteries.

Furthest distance I have flown it was 1.5 kilometers, maximum altitude from take off point 500 meters.

It is extremely easy to fly - All the kids fly it after a one minute explanation of the controls.

If you are going to use it for 4K video, I suggest you use a fast micro SD card.

We are using 1800X 128GB in it. You get about 4:30 hours of video on it.

Just for comparison, we have a SONY Proffessional video camera, where the same capacity card lasts about 20 minutes

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I have a friend that has the DJI Inspire 1 but at $4500 I just can't justify doing that. He takes his out a mile and a half. Incredible to watch really.

I think I'm about to bite the bullet on the phantom 4. I hope my video turns out half as good as yours.

Thanks again

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Can't help but think how useful these could be in marine archaeology. Wonderful lens on your craft, Saeed.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, much appreciated !

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Actually, the video from the camera is in 4K at 30 frames a second, and looks much better than the 1080P I have posted.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Hello Saeed, Can you please tell me what ground station software you like?
Thanks, Brian

I am very sorry Brian. I don't know how I missed your question.

I use the standard free app from DJI.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
That is some Excellent Video. I just ordered the Phantom 4 today. Smiler

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
That is some Excellent Video. I just ordered the Phantom 4 today. Smiler

I wonder how much you paid for it??

Prices seem to have gone down quite a lot.

I just bought 2. Price was about US$1,450 each.

Each came with 3 spare batteries, and a backpack case!!

A few months ago I bough one, alone with no extras, for US$1,500.

I wonder if a new one is coming out soon?

This is what normally happens when a new one is in the offing.

Say the new GoPro KARMA specs and demo.

Not nearly as good as the Phantom 4 right now.

The Phantom 4 has more range - 3,000 meters as against 1,000 for the Karma.

Battery life is much lower at a specified 15 minutes, against the Phantom 4 28 minutes.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I purchased it at Amazon.com $1,299.99
Phantom 4,2 batteries, hard case and a backpack, 1 16 gig card. I also purchased 2 SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter for $60.00 and an ASUS 64GB Z580CA-C1 ZenPad S 8.0" Wi-Fi Tablet for a Monitor.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed - Every time that DJI begins dropping pricing, the new model is about to be announced. CES is in January and the new models are generally released shortly before that in time for Christmas.

One word of advice, running out and purchasing the latest model is risky as the flight software is generally in some state of development. Be prepared to do a little infield testing for DJI...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I do need to purchase a Monitor Sunshade. Can you recommend one?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what I use - http://store.dji.com/product/i...monitor-hood-tablets

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And DJI just announced today the Mavic Pro Drone. A compact 1080p resolution 96 frame per second or 4K at 30 frames per second or 12-megapixel RAW camera. It folds and is small enough to throw in a small backpack. It has a 27 minutes of flight time with a speed of 40 miles per hour and travel as far as 4.3 miles.

This is a game changer for travel.

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
They are nice and compact. The largest monitor you can use is Thickness: 6.5 mm to 8.5 mm
Max Length: 160 mm. So an Iphone 6s? They don't appear to be quite as sturdy as a Phantom 4 either? They will be shipping middle of Oct. But for Travel yes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is the market they are after. Compact and easily transported. Also the integrated video goggles will be of great assistance when shooting in sunlight. While you can add a video feed with current models, the integrated Mavic goggles will make it all easier.

I love my Phantom 4 but traveling with it (especially overseas) is a massive PIA. Looking forward to the Mavic.

I notified Lily yesterday that I wanted my $$$$ back. Tired of waiting on other technology to develop. DJI is simply the cutting edge with hands down the best integrated technologies.

posted Hide Post
Drone Selous footage would be interesting...

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I did cancel my order for The Phantom 4 and Pre Ordered The Mavic Pro. I have a Guatemala sailfishing trip coming up end of Feb. And of course Africa so The portability is the deciding factor. Hopefully Saeed brings back footage from Tanzania!!!