New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillion media seperator
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought the BIG media separator from Dillon. It has no top cover. Luckily the Akro part number is on the tub and Grainger sells them. Just have to cut an access for the crank handle.

They nest nicely but I may make a hinge for the top tub.

Could have done the same thing using the shipping box the thing came in.

Posts: 6371 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More ideas. drain plug

Posts: 6371 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just dump it into a basin and extricate the brass with one of those gadgets for fishing cat shit out of the litter. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I built a frame to hold a basket made of #9 expanded mesh W/ a crank handle on one side + a sheet metal pan below. Dump brass into cage,seal shut w/ wing nut,spin a few times + you're done. Of course I have a metal shop so that helps.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post