New
Find
Notify
Tools

painted stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have a rem 700 w/a fiberglass(?) stock and i want to paint it camo. does anyone sell a kit for this? thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have painted many Rem. composite stocks with Krylon flat, tan texture paint. After this has completely dried I spray with Krylon black webbing paint for depth and break up. Also, after this is completed you could use some olive drab flat, black, brown or whatever to mist over the texture paint and webbing paint. Mine have worn well and can also be touched up as needed. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with doing your own paint job, but here's a problem I had. I found that mosquito repellent went into solution with stock paint. Yep, on an Alaskan hunt. Real sticky mess. Now I have stocks done with epoxy. Maybe you can do that yourself.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its a flat black now. after doing some research i may just leave well enough alone. i retire in 6 months and may look at it again then. but from what i have found, the template decal application, base coat, removal of decals properly etc etc may be more than i want to tackle.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.bulldogarms.com tons of different stecils. Used them for a GAP camo job. Use Krylon camo ultra flat w/ a flat clear.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post