Find
Notify
Tools

Unique gun cabinets!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Now I would not mind a bed like that!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Great use of an often neglected space.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Creative! I like it.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
And mighty handy for that night-time intrusion.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The missus and I were discussing this idea recently. Know where I can purchase this or get plans to build one?

Also, I'd like to ask if anyone has any suggestions about using a fireplace surround for this purpose? The fireplace is almost never used.

NRA, Grass Roots North Carolina,Tea Party Patriots, National Association of Gun Rights, PHAshoots.net.

I drank the blue kool-aid - will work for brass.

Posts: 55 | Location: Lexington, NC | Registered: 24 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the headboard. It could hold a double barreled shotgun, just in case.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only the lock of the hinged doors needs to be reliable not to get on the head at the decisive moment.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Book shelf front is an old idea.

I thought of a sliding gun cabinet under our staircase in the basement. It could be built on a couple of runner and some castors.

One the idea is decided, it is not difficult to make plan

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ran across these shelves from a company called Tactical Walls. They have a selection of concealment items and walls. Now, if I can figure out how to build some of them.

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nascat; Awesome THANKS for the pics. Have full woodshop. Plenty of wood: wormy chestnut , walnut , heart pine ,etc.
A lot of left over rips. Now I know why I saved them. Smiler

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome, but Id have to come up with at least 5 more bedrooms. my office, was a bedroom at one time, has a big double closet. I built my guncase in it, turned out real nice and holds 20 guns and has storage space under it...

I would like one to those beds in my bedroom, that easy access to a rifle or shotgun makes a house burgler proof, but only if your a light sleeper! shocker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or if you have a couple good guard dogs/pets. An armed and trained person with a couple good smart dogs is pretty hard to overcome short of an artillery or enhanced weapon attack .

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sportsman's Guide has a few items as well. They have a night stand, end table and coffee table. The link below has more than just this.

Sportsman's Guide gun concealment

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda on the subject/off the subject.Several years ago a carpenter friend of mine had a house built on a hillside with a fabulous view. Then comes up this new guy who built a 2 story right behind him. Totally blocked his view of the valley.So Ken just revamped his fireplace. I/E he rearranged the mantle + fireplace opening to look like a window;then installed a series of mirrors in the chimney shaft ala periscope.He now has a fab view on the ground floor of the valley below w/no obstructions. Sweet,I would still be in prison or killing the guy that f.u. ed my view.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post