THE ACCURATE RELOADING DIY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  D.I.Y.    DIY "Essentialware" for an evening foray to the stop and rob!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY "Essentialware" for an evening foray to the stop and rob!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Beware the old fart in the green vest.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I gots ta know." ("Do you feel lucky?, punk!" wounded bad guy in Dirty Harry)

So what is the utility/purpose of your oddly shaped slapper/smasher/potato peeler? (I'm coming up withy all sorts of utilitarian ideas)

I'm curious if its design features have purposes that I hadn't thought of. Interesting looking object. Is it aluminum/steel/plastic? Can't tell from the photo.

"It ain't lion hunting unless you get stitches." - John in WYO

"It became aquatic, briefly." Ann ~ Aspen Hill Adventures

The bear has to touch you to hurt you. Don’t let the bear touch you.

Posts: 239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
makes me glad i don't live in yout neighborhood... Eeker

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That little jewel is "The Predator"

now labeled "the defender"

From the movie, the men who stare at goats

when you're a short, fat, bald old fart, you just can't be too prepared.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks for the education!

"It ain't lion hunting unless you get stitches." - John in WYO

"It became aquatic, briefly." Ann ~ Aspen Hill Adventures

The bear has to touch you to hurt you. Don’t let the bear touch you.

Posts: 239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think i need one of those "defenders"

beer

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Travis

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like overkill to me but I live in a "nice" area where my 239 Sig is all I need. LOL
Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same vest, TSA hates those vest with a passion. Every blue shirted asshole in every airport I stop in wants a piece of me.

I have 3 kids under 3 years of age. Usually have 5 or 6 passifiers in mine, and 3 or 4 baby bottles. Plus the family of 6 passports, wallet, credit cards keys and what not. Armed for bear.

I can hide a whole 12 inch kukri in the thing away from travelling. So I love it.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GW:

Very nice but you are underarmed. Love revolvers, often carry a M60 Smith, like cute knives as well, but if I was going to wear a vest, I'd also pack some serious firepower and a big knife, in addition to what you have.

You're good 90% of the time, but I'm getting old.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like these vests and coats. TSA doesn't hate them as much. Just put them through the x-ray and go. They even have hats.

Scott-e-vest

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the knife for? You planning to field dress the perp after you cap him?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post