New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lense cleaner / anti fog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A long time ago I bought a small container of a product called Star Brite at the Sportsmans Show in Denver.
My impression is that it was a small company, maybe run out of someone's kitchen, but it really works great.
Now, I can't find anything about them or the product.
It looks a bit like a wax and is a dull yellow color.
Does anybody have a DIY recipe for this?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a line of Marine cleaners/polishers, or was a few years ago. Try a Marine dealer or the internet.. They had good products.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hand soap in the squirt bottles. Put a drop on your finger or thumb, rub it gently on the lens without water and then wipe it off with a soft lens cloth. Works as well as any of the commercial stuff I have found. But then I only use it on my eye glasses. The soap will leave a clear residue after buffing that will inhibit the fogging.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A a young man, I downhill skiied. we used "Nuteragena" (phoenetic) I believe it was some sort of acne soap...worked well as anti fog on goggles

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your jar of anti fog was......soap

yep.....soap

you have to do it every day but a dab of bar soap keeps goggles and glasses and bathroom mirrors fog free.....try it in you bathroom then take a shower....I promise no fog on your mirror

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spit on your fingers and wipe off lens with your shirt tail, handy and works most of the time I think!! Great for scope lens.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Use to use plug tobacco as a anti fog on the inside light on diving helmets.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The best anti fog for diving is the old original COLGATE toothpaste!

Better than any commercial product I have tried on a diving mask.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good one Saeed - I have noticed how it dispense the water...I must try it out. Till now liquid dish washing soap did the trick.

Posts: 2026 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For less than 5.00 I buy a big box of individual moist wipes made by Zeiss. Can't recall if 100 or 200 in a box.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For 5.00 I get a box of moist wipes at Wal Mart. Don't know who makes them but says Zeiss on the box, either 100 or 200 in a box. May not be as cheap as some but mighty handy to put in a back pack or throw in the glove box.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OkieNewton:
For 5.00 I get a box of moist wipes at Wal Mart. Don't know who makes them but says Zeiss on the box, either 100 or 200 in a box. May not be as cheap as some but mighty handy to put in a back pack or throw in the glove box.

I do the same thing..

100 zeiss wipes are $5.99 at the vision center @ walmart.. I keep a handful in my pack and use them on binos, my scope, etc.. at 6 cents each its a pretty cheap solution that is packaged in a way that allows you to take a lightweight option to the field that takes up almost no space, etc..

All that said, a mild hand soap diluted with water is a great solution too.. I used to keep a small squirt bottle of about 10 drops of palmolive diluted in about 2oz of water in my dive bag.. worked great on my mask for cleaning and keeping it fog free for a dive or two before I would have to hit it again..

Posts: 65 | Location: DFW | Registered: 01 August 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used this for years:

http://www.thepurplestuff.com/order.htm

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will any of this stuff work in a hot shower? I can't find a thing that last long enough for me to shave in the shower, I have a fog proof mirrow and some anti fog..none of it works,so if you find something that works in the shower you will win the Nobel prize..Let us know..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Will any of this stuff work in a hot shower? I can't find a thing that last long enough for me to shave in the shower, I have a fog proof mirrow and some anti fog..none of it works,so if you find something that works in the shower you will win the Nobel prize..Let us know..

Did you read Ted Thorn's above post ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post