New
Find
Notify
Tools

D. I. Y. rifle rest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have plans to build a rifle rest for bench shooting? I'd like to build one without a lot of the trial and error my projects usually entail.

Posts: 31 | Location: Western West Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Having recieved no answers, I built a sandbag tray for the front of my "Varmenters" rest and a swiveling rear rest. Here's a picture of the results. It seems to work well so far.

Posts: 31 | Location: Western West Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a handi little bench thats easy to move around. I built a plywood base that holds my two sand bags. Attached to the bottom of this plywood is a 18 in long piece of 2x4on edge. I use my Black & Decker " Workmate" portable work table. Drop the 2x4 piece into the vise part of the table top and tighten it up.I have a lawn chair that is just the right height for me. This can be pulled out of the pick-up and set up in about 30 secs. When the gophers get smart or all dead in that spot it takes another 30 secs to pack up and move.

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post