New
Find
Notify
Tools

cordless brad nailers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been looking at the Porter-Cable 20V. Anyone have experience with one? I used a compressor and a $20 Harbor Freight brad nailer and 2-inch brads to install T&G 1x6 pine boards on my cabin's interior walls year ago. The compressor has died and I'm thinking cordless would be the way to go now that I need to panel a new room we've added to the cabin.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryo...-Only-P320/203810823

Used mine a lot when I built my sauna. Love it but in cold weather below 20 F did not work.

kk alaska

Posts: 950 | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, KK.

Guess I'll buy a nailer, two batteries and a charger before heading up the mountain next spring.

I read a critical review on line that said it required getting used to the delay between triggering and actual nailing. You didn't mention it, so it must be surmountable.

It won't be used in that kind of temperature (although it does get that cold up there). I leave the mountain immediately after the first snowflake.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryo...-Only-P320/203810823

Used mine a lot when I built my sauna. Love it but in cold weather below 20 F did not work.

I can't comment on the temp question but the Ryobi nailer I have works great in my SoCal temps.

What a fantastic tool.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2311 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
A little bit of a delay between nailing not an issue in precision nailing though. I use it quite a bit with gorilla glue to hold stuff together while it sets up.

The Ryobi Cordless nailer was why I bought Ryobi cordless tools rather than another brand! Great to do small jobs rather than putting them off to get air tools out. And with a handy lighter tool and no cord easier to get more precision in nailing lighter finish work. From a ladder and difficult positions. I often tack bigger stuff and follow it with bigger fastners.
Sauna I built this fall using a old 8 X 8 ft storage shed. Used the nailer quite a bit on finish work.

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post

kk alaska