Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Here's one:

Big Grin

George
Eeker

Posts: 1317 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry carpetman;I did'nt see anything in the heading that designated portable holder.Perhaps I missed something.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
What's wrong with gathering up some of the political signs littering the landscape and using them.

I've been using an old real estate sign for over 30 years.

It's made of thin metal angle iron and the legs are cut so they can stick in the ground like spikes. I tape cardboard backers to the frame and use a stapler to attach targets,

I've also used clothespins to attach larger target directly to the frame.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using old real estate signs. The old ones are much stronger than the new ones and they can be pressed into the ground easily. Just use clothes pins to hold the cardboard to the sign edges.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
I’ve been using old real estate signs. The old ones are much stronger than the new ones and they can be pressed into the ground easily. Just use clothes pins to hold the cardboard to the sign edges.

Gee... there’s an echo in here.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used angle iron welded up to make my target holders. I got lucky with size, because the opening for target backing carboard happens to be exactly the size of free post office boxes.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
target stands are not that difficult to make, do you really need a picture?

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I built several with angle iron.
I made frames that were exactly sized to hold old US Mail Flat Rate boxes. Those boxes are available free from the post office and when you receive a package, those are free also.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
can you get the owners of the signs to hold them for you first?

rotflmo

Posts: 18517 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nisbet:
I made frames that were exactly sized to hold old US Mail Flat Rate boxes. Those boxes are available free from the post office and when you receive a package, those are free also.

And we wonder why the USPO is going broke.

I received some brass the other day and the clown used USPO flat rate padded envelopes to fill the space in the box.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post