New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooting stick points
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a stoney stick bipod that doesn't have the points on the legs. It only has the rubber feet. this week I was hunting elk and the feet wouldn't grab the dirt. I removed the pads and they work well..Are ther any adapters or diy way to install points the the feet so they grab the soil to for a sturdier mount..btw stoney point is closed can't reach them..Thanks

Paul Gulbas

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can drill the bottom of the legs, you could screw in a field tip for an arrow.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
drill holes, insert screws (fairly long ones), clip off screw heads with bolt cutter.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get hardened screws that will last longer. My hiking pole is my old ski pole .Well made but the basket finally came apart.It's stainless steel with a carbide tip for ice .There are reasons for holding on to old stuff !!

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post