Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mullered border
 Login/Join

posted
I have been gun stocking and checkering since 1994, still learning! I am looking where to buy or find the tool to make mullered borders. I'm not happy with the ones that I can buy in Brownell's. There has to be a better way and the border is really becoming more and more popular. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. It has become one of those quest's I can't quit looking for until I find it. I would do a checkering job 1/2 price for someone that can help. I can send pictures of my work. Thanks!

Posts: 15 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 12 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at buying some tools and giving checkering a shot because I do everything else.

Here is the only Muller tool I can find:
http://www.gis.net/~doiron/power2.html

E-mail him and see if he makes a Muller cutter for hand tools.

Good luck.

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you post this in the gunsmithing forum you should get more responses.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
other stockers have told me the ones from J&R are to thin. If you buy any and look good please let me know. Thanks for you comments!

Posts: 15 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 12 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
mkmuffler

Duane Wiebe has photos and instruction for cutting mullered borders when building one of his many fine rifles here on accurate reloading. He is one of the best, do a search in the gunsmithing section.

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
mkmufflerI am new at this, i couldn't find it. Thanks

Duane Wiebe has photos and instruction for cutting mullered borders when building one of his many fine rifles here on accurate reloading. He is one of the best, do a search in the gunsmithing section.