New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone used one of the new Oscillating Multifunction Power Tools out there?
Are they worth having?

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They are somewhat specialized. I have a Fein variable speed one, which IMHO is pretty much the top of the line and frankly if you can do your job with a different tool it will go faster. However if you can use things like the flush cutting saws or the other flush cutting blades they truly have no equal.

Having said that, I saw them on sale at harbor freight last summer for $15 and that is cheap enough to see if it might be useful to you.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7756 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Dewalt. For special jobs they work well.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

Posts: 545 | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went thru two of the harbor freight ones. There is areason they are on sale for under $20.

I upgraded to a Porter Cable

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10043 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
read the headline out loud, slowly, and tell me what comes to mind...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Porter Cable that was very handy for replacing a portion of rotted door frame. Attachments are key to getting the most from the tool.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post