New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY Bear Repeller
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a documentary where a guy in Africa filled condoms with powdered hot pepper, and then insert a firecracker on top, with the fuse sticking out.

He then tied off the condoms. Him and his friends used the homemade pepper bombs to drive off a herd of elephants that were feeding in the crops at night. Seemed to work like a charm.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"When I was up in Alaska bear hunting my guide told me for problem bears some people would wrap bacon around a can of Raid."

Raid works in Idaho too, my brother's favorite trash can bomb

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always thought that it was best to hunt with someone who was slower than I was.

Posts: 273 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have wrapped pieces of meat around canisters of bear spray and that also seemed to work

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buddy {Canadian} went to Alaska. Had a hell of a time sourcing bear spray. Explanation he was given, everyone up here packs a hand gun. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a show about Ellie control where they filled condoms with ground hot pepper. Inserted a firecracker with fuse protruding and then lobbed the lit condom at Ellie's in the crops.

I might try that with rioters if they ever hit my neighborhood.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post