New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cerakote Paint Job
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was looking at a rifle that I built a few months ago and decided that I didnt like the looks of it. So I decided to do something about it. Here are before and after pics.

Posts: 210 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Link to the last few that I painted.
http://s839.photobucket.com/al...2/cary2279/CeraKote/

Posts: 210 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you use the air-dry or the oven-dry Cerakote?

Posts: 99 | Location: Clovis, CA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the air cure on this rifle but I have used both.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you see a difference in looks or durability between the two?

Posts: 99 | Location: Clovis, CA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really cant tell any difference in looks. As far as durability goes... they both seem to be extremely durable.

I sprayed the oven cure black on a customers rifle a while back and that seems to be different than any of the other colors that I have sprayed. I am talking about the texture of the dry paint on the rifle. The black came out to be almost a satin finish. The bolt was butter smooth after I sprayed it. The other colors seem to have a matte finish and not that they are rough, but they just dont seem to have the silky smooth texture of the black.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Cary. I appreciate the help.