New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coolest rifle rack
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
DIY folding rifle rack and a cool Pre-tipton rest.

Probably 25-30 years old.

Posts: 6379 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard these are common gunshow racks. although this one is +40 years old and homemade.

http://www.gunstands.com/ss.htm

Posts: 6379 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used one similar to the rifle rest, but I don't remember where. It was used to hold a rifle while working on it and not as a shooting rest! Confused
Hip

Posts: 1816 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I built 3 of those rests in the 80s when I was building rifles. I still use them for scope mounting + bore sighting.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, BUT: not near enough slots!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin True, some of us have become veritable "gun whores" + I for one applaud that mode of character.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice, BUT: not near enough slots!

+1

Posts: 18528 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post