New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a Labeler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I gave up on cardboard boxes and peel and stick labels for my ammo.

These are Cardinal Hold-it #21810 labels.
Sometimes called Spine Labels. They are 1"x3" peel and stick 12 packs with perf card inserts. I got them from Staples for <$5. There are a number of other sizes to choose from.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, absolutely. I have a BUNCH of old Avery labels that are about 1x3". I stuck them in my printer and created a label that reads as follows:

Date:
Cal:
Bullet:
Powder:
Primer:

I print out a dozen sheets at a time and use them all the time, hand writing in the blanks.

There's nothing quite like reaching for a box of ammo and wondering "now what was this load again?" Smiler

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2309 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a bad idea. I have been keeping a large ledger for over 40 years on load data,etc. I also keep seperate areas of bin space for calibre specific.For seperate marking purposes I use silver duct tape.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A darn good idea!! I work in a pharmacy & can format my own labels...guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!! They're 3.25" x 1.75", could probably fit that info 4 times on each label & cut them off the wax backing as needed!!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea!

Posts: 18517 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Morning fellas;

One of my friends works at what used to be Kinkos as management.
She brought me a box full of misprinted business cards. The group who had them printed went out of business and Kinkos was throwing the cards out.
I use a Ziplock bag for my ammo container. There's 100 rifle rounds, 300 357 rounds, etc. per bag. I write down the data and drop it into the bag, zip it closed and drop the first bag into a second bag. When the bag is empty the card comes out and is stored for future reference.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do the same thing as rnovi, except when I print them, I print two, one for the box and one for the target. It only takes a second to fill in all the specific load info. That way I know it was 57.1 grains and not 57.7 grains, since I can't read my own writing some days. Smiler

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use this thing that my wife bought for Scrapbooking, it turns any paper into a sticker. I print my labels on regular paper, cut them to size, run them through this thing them stick them to the case (shown in the picture)

Works Great

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The DYMO Labelwriter Twin Turbo can handle a wide array of label sizes up to 2" x 4". Windows operating system required ... which is sad, because I now use Linux exclusively.

It easily prints as few as one at a time up to as many as the roll can hold and will, if desired, number them sequentially (great for keeping a log book synchronized).

This is not an adv for that product. I've owned one for years and found it just the thing for most of my labeling needs and thought I'd pass this info along.

NRA, Grass Roots North Carolina,Tea Party Patriots, National Association of Gun Rights, PHAshoots.net.

I drank the blue kool-aid - will work for brass.

Posts: 55 | Location: Lexington, NC | Registered: 24 October 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the cost of printer ink, making labels can get costly. Instead I had a custom self inking stamp made and use it to make labels for my handloads. Cost of the stamp was about $15.00.

Posts: 376 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 22 November 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post