THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Fascinating How A Dog Always Finds ONE Favored Owner

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fascinating How A Dog Always Finds ONE Favored Owner
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We have always had dogs.

My grandfather used to keep selokis for hunting, and he hunted gazelles and rabbits with them.

Years ago my wife wanted a dog, and she bought a smooth fox terrier.

We called her Dogmatix.

She somehow took a liking to me more than anyone else, and spent a lot of time with us here in the shooting room.

So Matix was known to be "my" dog, despite the fact that she was loved by everyone here, and she reciprocated.

Matix passed away years ago, and we buried her in the garden.

We got a small poodle for Hessa, named her Sassy.

Somehow Sassy seems to prefer my wife, so she was mommy's dog.

A few weeks ago Hessa asked to have another dog, so we got another small poodle, and she called her Maika.

Maika is most definitely Hessa's dog, she chases her everywhere.

But, she seems like a cross between a poodle and something else.

Her bark is definitely different, and she has a bigger snout than a poodle.

I cannot imagine not having a dog!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

How do the dogs tolerate the summer heat in Dubai ?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We have always had dogs.
I cannot imagine not having a dog!

I've always had dog,too. My wife and I have two right now, both Treeing Walker Hounds, sisters from different litters (one is a year older) the older one was a gift to my wife and the dog attached herself to me, so I bought the other for my wife, that one attached herself to me as well. Very spoiled and very friendly dogs unless you are a cat or a racoon.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My blue heeler bitch is good with everyone who lives here (cats included) but heaven help a coyote or stranger. That being said she is my shadow all day long.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have two. An eleven year old Brittany, blind as a rock but otherwise in good health. She is a sweet dog and seems to like Etta and I equally. The English Setter is my dog. She loves my wife and while I'm gone on my two week, work rotations to the oilfields, Jessie is Etta's shadow. When I get home the dynamic changes. She is in my hip pocket for two weeks.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Several times in live growing up I noticed the same. We got a Easter present of a Springer Spaniel when I was a kid. She ended up being my dog. Loved everyone, but deemed herself to me.

About 10 years later when she died, we ended up with a 3rd hand German Shephard "Buddy", he didn't really like my mother but deemed himself to be my dog.

We also had a big Airdale "Sweetie" that was supposed to be my sisters dog. Again that didn't work out and she bonded with my father.

A Shar Pei that was a gift for my sisters birthday didn't care for her and ended up as my dad's dog.

My parents have owned 3 dogs since we left. Everyone of them has been Dad's dog: a corgi, a German Wire Haired Pointer and a Jack Russel.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have two here at home with us, both GWP's.

The female, Penny, is 3 and the little boy, Rusty, is two.

Both are quite attached to both of us but distinctly bonded to one of us in particular.

Penny, who loves hunting never lets me out of her sight and is my constant "shadow" to the point where no matter what i'm doing or where I am I have to be aware when I turn around or move for fear of treading over her.

Rusty, who is scared of the bush, the dark, guns and other animals is his Mummy's boy and is rarely more than a foot from the end of her skirt !!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
rarely more than a foot from the end of her skirt !!!!!!!!!!!

Chasing skirts? Are you sure you and Rusty don't share a common ancestry? :-)

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, you truly are the original funny Man, and you just cost me a Bourbon that ejected from my nostrils when I read your post, but in actual fact I think you may be on to something there as I find myself jostling for position with Rusty quite often ??????????????????

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Saeed

How do the dogs tolerate the summer heat in Dubai ?

Mike

They do not seem to be bothered at all.

But, ours live indoors anyway.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3YO black mouth cur that has got to be the biggest trailer park trash dog I've ever owned.

He sheds like crazy, even though he has short thin hair.

He buries his nose in every womans crotch that he see's

He gets our other lab to lick his pecker for him.

He'll eat his food in 30 seconds and then tries to chase all the other dogs off theirs, so he can eat theirs too.

Chasing the UPS guy has become a sport

He sleeps 21 hours a day, usually on his back, looking like he crash landed.

He's been a good family dog, but he's definitely different than any other dog I've owned.

Posts: 473 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I miss a dog terribly. Powerless ... hilbily

https://www.bbc.com/news/educa...KUAzcZ9Qs4tdUns-pPaU

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote