New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Cisco
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My new eight week old Argentine Dogo pup, hopefully he will be my catch dog for my hog hunting pack.
Hogs beware, he's coming and Hell is coming with him.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry!! Good to hear from you again, I hope all is well. Great looking dog, and the pup looks good, too.

Some SOB threw out 3 male catahoula (at least half) pups at my old house. I've gotten old and soft and just couldn't shoot them like I should have. I'm sure they will make good hog dogs, if they don't they'll train the hogs. They are a perfect run thru the woods, hunting squirrels, coons, whatever dog for a kid. I will deliver, they are about half grown now, one black, one tan, one mixed with blue eyes. I've fed them at least $100 worth of dog food and have had about all the damn puppies around I want. Take 'em or any one of them, if you want them. All potential hog hunters welcome to apply. PLEASE!

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm an old dog for sure, and a slow one at that! People and I use the term liberally, are forever depositing dogs near my home. I don't get it, why not bring them to the pound where they may get adopted instead of letting them out to starve. Wish I could help you out but I'm maxed out in the dog department, beyond maxed really. I will make a call or two maybe we can find a home for them.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Larry, that is a beautiful pup. Wait until Doctor Pozzi sees this!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill! Good chance Juan has seen him in my facebook page. The good doctor is a friend and mentor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pack dressed for combat. Left to right, Ivorie, Spy, Jozette, and Babette.

A more recent picture of Cisco and Spy. Cisco is three and a half months here.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pup! Congratulations.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, kind of you to say so. Really enjoyed your pics of Africa. I will never see it with my own eyes, so thank you for allowing me to see it through yours.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That white one looks like a recalcitrant little nipper.

Hope you have good insurance. Whistling

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's all peaches and cream right now. He is my fourth Argentine Dogo, three of them I got as pups and they were only aggressive towards hogs. The first I got at 13 months and he was a one man dog, who made his displeasure known if crowded by a stranger. He put a couple of guys on top of vehicles and such, but bit no one.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great dogs my friend ,i love them ,i know ...i told you many times that we have a pretty similar ..lifestyle.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Great dogs my friend ,i love them ,i know ...i told you many times that we have a pretty similar ..lifestyle.

Hey Juan, thanks for the kind words concerning the dogs. Not saying they are the best, but they are good. Really anxious to see how the pup Cisco is going to turn out. I'm afraid my retirement as a humble civil servant (ex game warden) does not let me enjoy your lifestyle. That said, we both love the hunt, the sound of baying dogs, and the mud, the blood, and the guts that goes with hunting behind a pack of dogs. The dogs are the hunt, at times we trust them with our very lives. If you are going to put your life on the line there is no better dog than the Dogo Argentino. He will fight to the death, no backup and no reverse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That hound still looks rough. Eeker

Is he tamed?

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is a long way from tame and twice as destructive as most pups. He could lick you to death for sure as well.

On a different note do you have kin in the River Parishes of La? Hydells were part of les allemands qui habitat le cote des allemands along with my family in 1721.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry:

I didn't know you were a retired GW. If you were in Ark, did you ever know a guy named John Day. He was a legendary GW in SW Ark before he moved up in the bureaucracy.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Charlie, nope I'm retired from the La. Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries. It was an interesting career choice, spent 15 years as a field agent assigned to my home Parish and 17 yrs. as an covert and plainclothes agent assigned to our Special Operations Unit. I supervised the Unit for Fifteen yrs. I had the pleasure of working with US Customs, U.S. Fish & Game, US. Nationa! Marine Fisheries Service, FBI, DEA, ATF, La. State Police, and best of all Alaska State Police Division of Game & Fish. Most of my career I did not consider it work as I enjoyed it so.

Hope you are well and found a good home for your drop-offs. I found no takers, most guys around here are not looking for more mouths to feed. That might change with the cooler months.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No luck with catahoulas. I guess I'm going to have to take them to pound, 3 half grown pups are eating plenty of Sam's dog food.

Did you know Mr. Menefee, who was GW for Caddo Parish area for years. His son, Kelly hunts on one of my few places left in La.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Charlie I don't remember him either. Most of my early career was spent on the coast. He must have retired before I went statewide.

Too bad about the pups, I am two dogs over my limit, and one is proving to be useless in the field. Unlike most, I do not cull my dogs. Never had one who wouldn't hunt before, but I am stuck with her for life. She is sweet, big, beautiful Argentine Dogo, too bad.