THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Reputable Boerbel breeder?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reputable Boerbel breeder?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone know of a good breeder for a family type dog, that will herd kids and protect them?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big wonderful,
I bred boer oels for a number of years, one of the first handful of breeders in the states. Habe you had any experience with this breed? It is a very dominant breed that wants to be in charge and will show same sex dog agression. Not poo pooing on your choice of breeds as they are simoly fantastic dogs if in the right family. But you and the family must establish your role as boss from the get go amd most of the time a dog park with free running dogs will end up in a fight with you paying a vet bill for somebody else!
That being said, monumental kennels in the DC area is a good bet, Lauren is a squirt away dude. Oakview in missouri, shirely hagler in florida, are a few good breeders here in the states. In south africa, I woulduse Afrika or voelgerus. Expect to pay in the 2k range. Feel free to PM me or even call and I will be glad to talk dog, 540-974-6818
Brent

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Looking for ranch raised dogs. That is what ours will be.

Same dogs that folks had in Namibia and South Africa on the ranches.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I near what you are saying, I have been on literally dozens upon dozens of farms in both South Africa and Nam viewing and meeting dogs. You will moat likley not find that here. I fact I do not know of any breeder that does what you are speakimg of. Used to be a guy named Dave, I think Harris. Pretty sure he got smart and got out. It is a nasty cut throat business!! I did it for 10 years or so and got out. Some breeders may live in the country and have a couple dogs running free, but most will be kenneled, maj ly due to fighting as I previuosly mentioned. When they fight it is a vet bill!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juels Rocky Mountain Boerbels
(307) 247-2913

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just FYI some home insurance companies want to know what breed of dog you own and if it has ever bitten or attacked. You might be paying higher premiums. As previuosly stated you and your family need to be the top dog which includes having your children know how to discipline and correct the dog.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!
nobody know's the proper spelling of the breed but an expert at giving advice??????

There are a lot of Boerboel breeders here in Oregon.

I have personally seen these dogs and offsprings
www.redlandboerboels.com

I am waiting on a solid black with blue eyes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my apologies on the spelling it was 2:00 A.M in the morning when typing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My children are grown; no concerns there. I like the breed. They are gentle as lambs and completely in my control if trained properly. If you find otherwise, you likely deserved it but if you disagree, sue me, I've got insurance, but that's beside the point and I'll make sure you lose.

I'm a better lawyer than my insurance company will hire to represent me. They won't pay my rate.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Norseman, thanks for that link. Wow, what a beautiful breed!
Your fellow Oregonian ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two coming Thursday from South Africa. A brindle female and tawny male. Been without them for last 4 years, so excited!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would look at Kuvasz and Great Pyrenees...bred to do exactly what you are looking for.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Shumba @ 2 mos

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Shumba @ 5 mos

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice puppy !!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Shumba @ 5 mos

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, I have been shocked at how good he is doing. Super calm, hasn't really chewed anything up, doesn't have to be kept on a leash or in a kennel, wherever I am is where he wants to be. He goes to work with me every day and follows me around. What a dog is supposed to be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Thanks Mike, I have been shocked at how good he is doing. Super calm, hasn't really chewed anything up, doesn't have to be kept on a leash or in a kennel, wherever I am is where he wants to be. He goes to work with me every day and follows me around. What a dog is supposed to be.

Brad:

Did you get him locally - in the US ?

Looks like he has a really nice well balanced dog.

Nice name too - Leon DuPlessis had his named shumba too.

Mike

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
yes, dam is from Alabama, sire is from Georgia. Leon had a good time with him when he was down for the shows...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got my two in from South Africa last week! Brindle female and brown male

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brent ebeling:
Just got my two in from South Africa last week! Brindle female and brown male

Pictures please.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
505 Gibbs, Damn good looking dog!!!!!
How old is the stud?

Shumba? That's the most popular name for Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
he was 5 months in the photo