New
Find
Notify
Tools

fdunnniest god story
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Now and then I hear a really funny dog story.

Mine- My friend Frank, a great fisherman but not a hunter, has a golden retriever, Frank has aa small shop where he makes wood parts for the boat trade. His wife patty is a great gal from NY, where her dad was a prominent lawyer, and both parents, being highly superior beings, despised Frank because he worked with his hands.

One fine day they announced that they were coming to visit but didn't mention how long they were going to stay. When they arrived, after the first dinner, Patty set the dishes on the floor, as usual, to let the dog clean then up a bit. Mom and Dad were vocally unhappy about this. After dog finished, Patty set the dishes directly up on the shelves, with a remark about how they never had to wash a single dish since they got the dog.

Mom and Dad left the next morning!

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great idea! rotflmo rotflmo I'm sure that it works even better when the dog licks his butt. jumping

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed! Reminds me of the scene from "Cable Houge".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

That was perfect.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't funny at the time, but I was recently walking along the river with Spike, my 1 1/2 YO rat terrier. There was a flurry of rapid movement and there was Spike, scrambling to get away from a coyote, which was doing his best to catch his breakfast. I ran towards them, screaming my head off, when spike grabbed the coyote by the end of his nose and hung on. The coyote shook him loose then ran like hell.

Spike is now even more sure that he's the alpha dog of the world.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 274 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She's been dead over 30 years now.
I used to tease hell out of my late mother in law this same way.

Allie: Just think of all the water we're saving by having the dogs clean the plates instead of washing them.

She'd get bent out of shape over it.
OF course, they were washed later in the sink.

Lotta fun with the old gal.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but that wouldn't work to get rid of my wife and me.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a oldie but goodie must have heard it first 50 plus years ago.

Different setting different people same thyme

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote