THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Does your dog..........

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your dog..........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Mine was most recently behind me on the floor... hogging the heat vent. The house averages 70 degrees. Like sunning himself? Dogs are fascinating. Packy

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Our lie almost under our Pentagon wood stove not moving until they are about to burst into flames. Yes we keep our house very warm too.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's beginning to get warmer now so Harry S Truman, my dog, lies down in unusual places. Out in the middle of the living room floor right now. Last night I thought he went to his dog bed by my side of the bed. He was instead in the dog box asleep. Came alive as I walked by him to go to the bedroom. Some evenings he is on my foot. A versatile sleeper. Anymore unusual places your dog sleeps? Be Well. Packy

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
My old Ridgeback used to lay so close to the gas heater that he would shut it down and his hair would burn Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My dogs have always live slept out side.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had 2 large wood burning soapstone stoves in our Colorado house. They had about an 8" clearance off the floor. Our labs would get as much of their bodies as possible literally under the stoves.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My terrier will lay on his bed in front of the glass doored woodstove until he is panting like he never pants during the summer. You have to tell him to move usually and when you touch him he is hot to the touch. My lab was the same way. The only thing stopping him from getting closer is the hearth. Sometimes he will sit there kind of like a cat on his back and just stare at it. I don't know how his eyeballs take it.

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My blue heeler bitch stays outside all the time. I bring her in for her supper + then let her back out.This is Texas though + even though she has a dog house we don't get as cold down here as they do up north.Besides she wants to be out patrolling the grounds.She knows her job,(just like Hank the cow dog;head of ranch security.)

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My dog, Harry S. Truman, takes his security detail seriously. Harry will be so far into sleep you think he is dead. And he will come up with such an uproar if someone closes a car door or sets foot on the a porch. But if they use a key to the door he waits to get some pats or rubs. If they knock, stand there, or use the doorbell he leaps up with a loud sharp bark. Sounds like he wants to eat someone. Don't know if he would. But he is intent on smelling the person at the door. He doesn't care how many rounds of 45 could be launched before a mag change. I DON'T live in constant fear but if the gun isn't on me how will I be able to use it? Harry gives me a few precious seconds to react. Hope you all are ready at the moment, with the firearm on you as you read this. I have spent time on nights in a bad neighborhood in Kansas City, Missouri working a 7-11, then 21 plus years working the prison system, nine of those years on transportation. Things happen to us all and are more serious if you are not ready. Harry Truman helps me to be ready. God Bless. Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Our airdale was the only dog we had which did not cuddle up to the wood stove. In fact, she would lie next to the door because the floor was coolest there. She would sleep in the snow and get covered over by a fresh fall. At about 11 years old, she started to like the hear a lot more. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3491 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote