THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Flying with a puppy in the cabin

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying with a puppy in the cabin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone flown domestically with a puppy in the cabin lately? Was just told by United that they won't take a dog in the cabin that is less than 4 months old. I have a new pup in Montana I need to pick up.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
has to be small enuf to travel in a small crate - i believe delta has the most liberal policy on this

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butch.
Checked with Delta and booked my flights after I posted this. Delta turned out to be the easiest of those I checked....United, American, Alaska.

All they want is a health certificate showing all the shots, etc., and require that the dog & crate are small enough to fit under the seat in front of you.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try Allegant Airlines, my wife took her dog and they gave him own seat to sit on next to her

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WSJ had a story a few days ago that said Dept of Trans is considering allowing emotional support animals to be banned from airline cabins. One advocacy for the disabled said they supported the ban, as some emotional support animals have acted hostile to service dogs.

I don't have a problem with puppies personally, but having had to watch a bulldog shit (diarrhea) twice in the aisle next to me is enough for me to favor the ban myself.

True service dogs? Not a problem. They are trained to behave.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
WSJ had a story a few days ago that said Dept of Trans is considering allowing emotional support animals to be banned from airline cabins. One advocacy for the disabled said they supported the ban, as some emotional support animals have acted hostile to service dogs.

I don't have a problem with puppies personally, but having had to watch a bulldog shit (diarrhea) twice in the aisle next to me is enough for me to favor the ban myself.

True service dogs? Not a problem. They are trained to behave.

Oh for the love of Dog. Air travel is awful enough as it is.

Regards,

roo_ster

"We live in an unreasonable age, ruled by ridiculous people."
----Zman

Posts: 61 | Location: Texas | Registered: 12 June 2019Reply With Quote