The Accurate Reloading Forums
After a dog dies what do you do with all their stuff?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9021043/m/6351003562

02 April 2021, 11:02
georgeld
After a dog dies what do you do with all their stuff?
Boxed everything up, washed her bed.

Called the lady across the street as they just
got a 6 month old pup for the 13y.o girl. Figured they could use about $120 worth of things: Dinovite, fish oil, bed, pans, almost full box of packaged food, and couple bags of meat treats she loved.

Stuff sat here a full week tearing at me everytime I looked that way, or walked by.

Finally Monday the girl came over and carried it all home in two trips. Man that was a big relief to me.

Her mom txt'd me last night for an hour thanking me for "all the great things, and toys etc". "pup really likes that feed and treats".

Sure couldn't just trash it all since most of it wasn't much over a month old yet.

Does anyone else do such things? My health isn't good enough and I'm 77, can't get around very well. So don't intend on getting another dog.

I hadn't planned on getting Midnight. She knew Art was in bad health, everytime I drove up she'd come running to greet me. The last time I took Art to the hospital he told me: "George I think I'm going to die this time, I only have one worry" "what's that Art?" "who's going to take care of my dog?" "I'd love to have your dog so your worries are over" "thank you, she seems to love you, everytime I'm in here you take her home and care for her".

He died the next morning: May 11, '11.

Hell of a deal! Sweetest, most friendly dog I've ever been around. She'd even go out front and bark 'welcome come pet me' at the mail carriers.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
03 April 2021, 00:03
chas257
We lost my daughters dog three weeks ago ( Chloe was 14). We picked her up when my daughter Katie was 11. The death was very hard on her. She ended up packing up the bed, toys, collars etc. and stored them in her room. I am proud of her, she made the trip to the vet with me & stayed till the end.
03 April 2021, 10:17
georgeld
I'm sorry to hear of the girls loss.

May she recover from it soon.

Midnight died two weeks ago tonight.
It's tough.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight
03 April 2021, 23:02
umzingele
Never easy to loose an old friend

https://leslievandermerwesafaris.co.za/
04 April 2021, 06:56
p dog shooter
Never had much dog stuff.

Used the collar on the next dog.

I don't get very emotionally attached to dogs.

I have many good memories of my dogs.

They provided me with many good hunts.
04 April 2021, 19:19
A.J. Hydell
Bury all the dog's 'stuff' with the dog, of course.

diggin

All The Best ...
04 April 2021, 20:31
clayman216
When my GS died I had her cremated and then I spread the ashes where we took her first pheasant, first woodcock, first grouse and first turkey. Her collar is hanging in my hunting camp. Gave some of her other stuff away and used some for later dogs. Every time I look at her collar or hunt those spots I have good memories. She was my best dog for sure. We hunted together for eleven years.
07 April 2021, 18:45
lowgun
I have every collar from every dog I have hunted over. My Wirehair's collar and tags are on a bronze Wirehair on the mantle, surrounded by pictures of her and her family.
07 April 2021, 20:05
tsturm
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

Midnight died two weeks ago tonight.
It's tough.

George

Sorry for your loss. Lost a Beagle, Hunting/fishing buddy 3 years ago. Still tough moments! Most of my dearest friends have been dogs! tu2

13 April 2021, 17:59
Bill/Oregon
George, I have three collars and tags all nestled together on a shelf in the kitchen, where I pass by them many times a day.
I know how much Midnight meant to you -- and you to her.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
16 April 2021, 08:26
georgeld
thanks Bill:
There's a drawer full of old collars and Tags
from the many past dogs.

This time I buried it with her, maybe she can
find her way back someday with the address!

Three weeks tomorrow. Already?

Sure miss her.
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight
03 May 2021, 08:01
surefire7
We put their hunting collars in the bird vests when we go out to hunt pheasants/ chukars. Feels like they are watching from above.