New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tess, a dog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
You were my constant companion for 14 years after settling in my lap as a puppy for a 500 mile drive home. You were the smartest, most easily trained dog I ever owned or met. You were tireless and driven in the field, never quitting, even when your feet were bleeding from the ice and you could hardly walk. You were a fierce protector of the home; you saved my life when the guy with the gun and the ski mask came through the door. Your nose was exceptional right to the very last day. As the vet said, you were the real deal. Amber v.d. Morningstar you were a credit to your breed, you will be missed and fondly remembered.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I feel your pain. Condolences. A new dog will not replace Tess, but will make your house a home and give you a lot to look forward to.
When I lost my first, I vowed to never have an empty house again! I planned ahead and it has helped me. Best.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some holes can't be patched unfortunately. While another can replace her, they would never take her place. Condolences.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
What a sweet testament to a great friend.
I lost my Brittany last year, so know the ache well.
Thank gosh we have two more mutts.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My sympathy. It reminds me of all the dogs I've lost. They are all good in their own ways. Be grateful for the good memories.

Nick10Ring

Posts: 58 | Location: Struthers,Ohio | Registered: 13 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm late with this, but I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. I hope the memories of the good times remain fresh all the days of your life.

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know how you feel, Hurts like hell.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote