THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Free puppies.....urgent Update

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free puppies.....urgent Update
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
To begin with, I have nothing to do with this, my sole knowledge is from my daughter, age 19. That said, a local redneck teenager has 2 labrador-heeler puppies left, one male and one female, both black, that are about 7 weeks old. He tells my daughter if someone doesn't take them, he's going to kill them. I believe him, times are tough in E Texas, and dog food is expensive on the budget. These dogs, in a pic, look like slighlty smaller black versions of a heeler. Cute. I've tried to talk the wife into a pup, but, so far, no go.

I doubt they've had any shots. In order to facilitate an adoption, I will drive/deliver the pups within a 6-800 mi radius of Texarkana, Tx. I will come to your place or meet you somewhere. I'll also contribute up to $50 when presented with a vet's bill for puppy shots.

These are cute pups which will likely make excellent house or yard dogs. PM me with any real interest. Time is of the essence. Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Charlie, can we send this guy some dog food money and money for shots and give the pups a little extra time?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dunno, haven't asked. I am only assuming money is the problem. I keep hoping I'll hear that locals have take one or both, but most people around here have all the dogs they want. When my lazy ass daughter wakes up, I'll have her check.

PS: Will deliver to Alamogordo.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very kind of you my friend.

I do hope you find them a good home.

I cannot imagine a home without a dog.

I think dogs know this too, as no matter what country I am in, dogs seem to always come to me!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Takes one to know one. Wink

I asked about the monetary donation and the problem is apparently too many dogs in the household. I didn't push it or everyone would expect me to become the dog man.

These are cute puppies and will make a nice looking dog.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a lab heeler cross when I actually had some cows.
she wasn't much for bird hunting, but all I had to do was point and tell the dog to either put the cow back or to get it out of the herd and it was a done deal.
good family dog too, she stayed out of the way and off the furniture.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Words of wisdom. AFAIK puppies are still available. No extra charge for taking two.

I would think a cross of those 2 breeds would make smart dogs.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Charlie, you are a prince among men, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I owe you an email. I am going to try to head to your neck of the woods once the crew is finished painting the outside of my house, weather permitting. I have been busier than the proverbial one-legged man...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
Charlie, you are a prince among men, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I owe you an email. I am going to try to head to your neck of the woods once the crew is finished painting the outside of my house, weather permitting. I have been busier than the proverbial one-legged man...

I wouldn't be in any rush, this heat has made pigs invisible in daytime.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Due to some questions from another ARer, I checked on status of puppies. Apparently the male found a new home and there is only the female left. Word is she has until Saturday to be placed or be dead. I hope someone in here can use another dog. I'm steady working on my wife, but she doesn't want the extra work. Can't blame her, but I sure hate to see this pup killed. Help!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
For those who care, I couldn't stand it and, more or less, mostly less, convinced my wife we needed another dog. New lab-heeler looks and feels exactly like a lab puppy with slightly shorter ears and not as bushy a tail. She is all black and beautiful. She is still available for adoption, so PM me if you want a black bundle of love. I'll take her in for first shots Tuesday. With mixed genes, I doubt she'll be a retriever like a lab, but she will be a loving companion.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
As I said, a prince among men with a soft spot for dogs. I just don't think I can take one in now, too much on my plate. I have fed a lot of dogs in my time, mostly the rejects...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're a good man, even if you are a fat cat... Wink

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Many years ago before I knew better + still obeyed my fathers lines,etc In this case was as the old man said (just drown the sobs)Well as a 'grown' man following his instructions I tried to do so in a croaker sack w/ rock in the bag I pulled the sack out of the river 30 minutes later + those babies were still trying to breathe even with their eyes shut.I have never felt so sick in my life + although I still give filial respect (somewhat)to the old man,I don't follow his opinions.He's dead;I'm not + everyone needs to lead their own life + not be under the influence of anyones memories of what they thought justice was.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
she might surprise you Gato.

I got a mixed breed of at least 4 dogs that I picked up under similar circumstances.
she is just about to turn 9 months old, but knows at least 8 different commands by heart, and performs them perfectly.
[even dumb stuff like wave bye-bye, give me a puppy hug, roll over]
I'd teach her more but that's about all I know for a non hunting dog.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
God bless you and your wife Charlie. You have a good heart.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Some pictures for Gato:

I have a few more I can post if they are useful in deciding...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to Mr. Helm. He's a better person than most people think....of course..... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Daughter has a healer Lab mix, he just wandered up and of course she had to keep him, about a year old with a gimpy leg. Doc says it cant be fixed.....

But that is the retrievingest dog I have ever seen.

And I raised and trained labs for about fifteen years.

He and I are good buddies.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW, pup had first set of puppy shots today at vet. Bill was $47.

I flat can't post pics since photobucket blew up. If anyone can tell me how I'd sure appreciate it.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is awful cute!

I just the only the second year of my adult life retrieverless. I am glad you are not close by, I'd be in big trouble.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Many thanks to Mr. Helm. He's a better person than most people think....of course..... Wink

Which of course is not a very high bar...

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Charlie, bless your soul, thank you again for saving this pup's life.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A final tribute to the man.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
A final tribute to the man.

+1

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HUNTS
posted Hide Post
Kudos to you for helping with these pups. You're to me commended!

Posts: 161 | Location: Bozeman, Montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote