THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    Cruise's Cosmic Man in Black JH, "CASH" RIP

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cruise's Cosmic Man in Black JH, "CASH" RIP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cash 7/11/2005 - 11/15/2018
Once again My wife and I had to part with a long time friend. Again life became to much for him and we needed to send him away with our tears to join his buddies that went several years before him. He started developing a problem neurologically with his rear legs and feet. We tried every therapeutic remedy including Chiropractic manipulation, Laser therapy,hydro therapy, acupuncture and just about every type of medicine both prescribed and homeopathic but the side effects far out weighed the benefits as he had a very sensitive stomach & developed adverse reactions. He also suffered from Cushing disease which caused him to start losing his hair, first on his tail then the feet and his skin became so sensitive that the collar he wore caused hair loss and some tissue break down. The walking caused his feet to bleed and he was unable to know where he was placing his rear feet causing him to wear down the top of his claws exposing the kwick which resulted in bleeding. He still had the will to live, eating vigorously to the end but he was on the verge of total immobility so it was time.
Cash came out of a nationally ranked sire, he was competed and achieved the first level title but he developed two traits which prevented him from achieving a higher title, one was his excitement level and noise at the line which is not acceptable. The other was a health related issue wher in while returning from a water retrieve for some reason he would take water in and woul ingest huge volumes of water which he would regurgitate, we had him checked out medically and nothing could pinpoint the cause. His competing career ceased since he could drown if the regurgitation occurred in the water on the long retrieves required in competition .
None the less he was one tremendous hunting dog doing one of the most amazing retrieves I have ever witness while duck hunting in North Dakota. He was also the best escape artist I have ever seen, opening doors, cabinets and gates letting our other dogs out but they would stick around not him, he would head for the hills. He was arrested by the police twice, when he would high tail it and at some point he would realize he was lost and buddy up to whomever would pet him. The police in my town took him into custody luckily he had his collar on. The other time in North Dakota he took off in the dark in a one horse town. He got out by waiting for someone to open the door and leave, he would immediately catch the door before it was closed and when the the coast was clear...gone. He was very obedient and always responded to the whistle commands . That night I kept driving around that little country town blowing the whistle to no avail. I stopped by the public safety building but it was after hours. Later in the night I drove by and saw a light on so I stopped and the door was locked only to be surprised by a guy in shorts. I said I am looking for the police and he replied "I am the police" I told him I was looking for a black Lab and he replied I just locked him up since he had him in the office and while trying to call my cell# on the collar Cash was attempting to open the door. Their was no cell coverage in the area. The fellow told me he lives about a mile or so out of town and Cash ran up to his neighbor who was in his garage so he was turned over to him.
Cash was the most intelligent dog I have ever had, easy to train and the fastest dog I have seen, but he was an alpha and that comes with a lot of baggage but none the less we miss him terribly, God speed and till we meet again. Here was a picture that was posted on my wife's face book
GUS UP! DOG TO THE LINE! Safe Journey My Friend.

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about you losing your best buddy.It is a hard thing,I know.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
They never live long enough.

~Ann

Posts: 19134 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
So very sorry. I so know how this feels. Cash looks like a wonderful friend. You were lucky to have him, and he was lucky to have you.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16335 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
They never live long enough.

AMEN!