THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    When only an"ugly dog" will do ...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When only an"ugly dog" will do ...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the dog in the Disney movie, Bristle Face.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With any dog it can be far more important.

How they are were trained, then what they look like.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I have two WPGs. Best dogs ever. Hunt hard, high prey drive, wonderful dispositions, and great family dogs. The do raise massive dust bunnies/hair clumps and drip water from the beard but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oday, the guy who lit the fire in me for ugly dogs lives in Astoria, Oregon, and will have nothing except a wirehaired pointing griffon. The loyalty runs deep with this breed.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Life's too short to own an ugly dog. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Life's too short NOT to own an ugly dog...

Posts: 4 | Location: Sandia Park NM | Registered: 31 December 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are not ugly dogs! As a wire-haired Dachshund fan, I must say that dogs with certain facial characteristics are rather handsome, not to mention just being great dogs.

Roger

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Those two dogs with the beards look a lot like me.

So, I guess I would have to say they are not ugly! Cool

It takes all kinds to make a world.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a follow up. In my opinion there are no ugly dogs. Every dog I've encountered has demonstrated more unconditional love and loyalty than the best of humans. If humans could love humans the way dogs love humans, there would be no strife or war. The dog, undoubtedly, is one of God's finer gifts to man.

Roger

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGunWorks:
Just a follow up. In my opinion there are no ugly dogs. Every dog I've encountered has demonstrated more unconditional love and loyalty than the best of humans. If humans could love humans the way dogs love humans, there would be no strife or war. The dog, undoubtedly, is one of God's finer gifts to man.

Roger

Couldn't agree more

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had several. Wonderful companions. My latest female got hit by a truck and we took a front leg off at the shoulder. She hunts as hard as before. Swims rivers w a bird in her mouth. Fearless. She is white w a short coat but still sheds like crazy.